Author Topic: some Questions/Wishes  (Read 6846 times)

torsten

some Questions/Wishes
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:27:32 pm »
Hello,

during the last test i just started the Sim and selected GSX->request Boarding.
after that the complete service is started. ( i have set up the Automode in GSX )

First thing, after selecting "request Boarding" all the vehicles appiers around the Position, Stairs , trucks ...
But first the Baggage Trucks are driving away .... hehe where are you going :-)
As i see on the Airports the Trucks are Loaded and start loading directly.
Can that be changed, that the Trucks are loaded and do not drive away first , load the baggage and then come back ?

Second thing, it seams the sequence is a little bit wrong. During the loding of the passengers the Fuel Truck arrives.
Can that be correct?
I think first shuld the Fuel truck arrive and after refueling the loading of passengers should start, not before refuling is completet.
Correct me if i am wrong.

Also , i think you know where your vehicles are located during the Sequence, but the Service Trucks drives over the Fuel Truck :-)
No the Fuel Truck and the Service Truck is broken :-)
Also, some times the Baggage Truck drives under the Wings of the B7378 and i think tht is not allowed in real.

A little wish is a bit more control about the Sequnce and some other things.
1. can we hve a nice Girl opening the Doors ?
2. in the GSX Setup, can we have a setup for the weight of the pax?
--> i am using Prosim737 and have no control about the Pax weight, which is a bit too less. So GSX loas all the Time a incorrect amount of Pax.
When i , as example , load 1 Pax via Prosim, his weight is only 70 kg ( i know, too less, but i can not change this )
It would be great if i can set up GSX to use the same weight then Prosim is using.

Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: some Questions/Wishes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:51:58 am »
First thing, after selecting "request Boarding" all the vehicles appiers around the Position, Stairs , trucks ...
But first the Baggage Trucks are driving away .... hehe where are you going :-)
As i see on the Airports the Trucks are Loaded and start loading directly.
Can that be changed, that the Trucks are loaded and do not drive away first , load the baggage and then come back ?

This is normal, not a bug, and has been like this since GSX has been released in 2012. The loaders that starts on a parking, are the ones which will be used for Deboarding. If you call Boarding, loaders will come from far away, so the ones that were supposed to be used for Deboarding will go away.

Second thing, it seams the sequence is a little bit wrong. During the loding of the passengers the Fuel Truck arrives. Can that be correct? I think first shuld the Fuel truck arrive and after refueling the loading of passengers should start, not before refuling is completet. Correct me if i am wrong.

Of course is correct. The whole point of allowing simultaneous servicing is to shorten turnaround time and, since refueling is the service that takes most of the time, it arrives first.

Also , i think you know where your vehicles are located during the Sequence, but the Service Trucks drives over the Fuel Truck

They usually don't but, as explained so many times on the forum, vehicles are not aware of each other (you assumed this, but it would cause a big fps hit if we had each vehicle to check the position of all the others, at each frame), so we can only play with sequence of operations and time delays, which won't guarantee this will never happen.

Also, some times the Baggage Truck drives under the Wings of the B7378 and i think tht is not allowed in real.

As explained so many times on the forum, depending on were you parked, how the airplane is configured, how the parking is made, how the scenery is made, how the AFCAD nodes are made, how the vehicle is made, how many carts it has, how long it is, ALL OF THESE have an impact on the path chosen.

What you can do, is customize the vehicle starting positions but, again, there's no guaranteed they will always do a realistic path under ALL the other conditions.

--> i am using Prosim737 and have no control about the Pax weight, which is a bit too less. So GSX loas all the Time a incorrect amount of Pax.

Which is why, you have the option in GSX to DISABLE the "Estimate passenger number", so GSX won't try to guess their number by the weight, and will just ASK you to enter the exact number of passengers on board.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 05:30:45 pm »
This is normal, not a bug, and has been like this since GSX has been released in 2012. The loaders that starts on a parking, are the ones which will be used for Deboarding. If you call Boarding, loaders will come from far away, so the ones that were supposed to be used for Deboarding will go away.

but as i wrote...have a look at any real Airport. If a Plane arrives, there are Baggage Truck , which are loaded with Baggage and wait for the Airplne at the Position, as well as when a Plane arrives.
Therefor, can you maybe check in GSX what the user select, and when Request Boarding is selected the can loaded Baggage Trucks be displayed.
When deboarding is selectd, they can be empty.... maybe easy?

Of course is correct. The whole point of allowing simultaneous servicing is to shorten turnaround time and, since refueling is the service that takes most of the time, it arrives first.

Turnaround time needs his Time, also in real. But i think even when you try to shorten the Time, the Fuel Truck should arrive BEVORE the passengers re loaded. Other sequence is not alowed in real, but i think GSX will be as real as it gets, or not ?

They usually don't but, as explained so many times on the forum, vehicles are not aware of each other (you assumed this, but it would cause a big fps hit if we had each vehicle to check the position of all the others, at each frame), so we can only play with sequence of operations and time delays, which won't guarantee this will never happen.

Ahh, ok. I though every vehicle is aware of each other.

Which is why, you have the option in GSX to DISABLE the "Estimate passenger number", so GSX won't try to guess their number by the weight, and will just ASK you to enter the exact number of passengers on board.

Yes i know that is possible, but not a "good" way for me, because i dont have a Keyboard in my Cockpit and i dont want it to have.
Is it so very hard to give us the possibility to set the Pax weight in the GSX Setup ?? I dont think.

Thanks at all
Torsten

torsten

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 06:06:11 pm »
Ps: it is also during the unload of the Pax a problem, because for the unloding i can not enter a number how many pax should be unloaded.
Here only GSX is calculating the number of Pax.

So it would be very great, if you can implement this little little feature

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 06:45:16 pm »
but as i wrote...have a look at any real Airport. If a Plane arrives, there are Baggage Truck , which are loaded with Baggage and wait for the Airplne at the Position, as well as when a Plane arrives.

Sorry, no. When an airplane arrives (deboarding), loaders will be empty and will be already at the parking. When an airplane is boarding, loaders will have to take luggage from the terminal in which they were loaded, to the parking. And that's exactly how GSX is made.

Turnaround time needs his Time, also in real. But i think even when you try to shorten the Time, the Fuel Truck should arrive BEVORE the passengers re loaded. Other sequence is not alowed in real, but i think GSX will be as real as it gets, or not ?

It's not certain which process will take longer, passengers or refuel.

You seem to be concentrated on the "auto mode" but, if you know what you are going to do, for example if you are sure refuel will take longer than passengers, than simply don't use "auto mode", and call refuel first.

Yes i know that is possible, but not a "good" way for me, because i dont have a Keyboard in my Cockpit and i dont want it to have. Is it so very hard to give us the possibility to set the Pax weight in the GSX Setup ?? I dont think.

The Estimate passenger number is the best choice, but even better, is if the addon you use will just use the GSX documented interface to set the passenger number directly, explained in the last pages of the manual.

This is how the FS Labs A319/A320, the Leonardo Maddog X and the Aerosoft Airbus are able to set the correct passengers number without any intervention from the user so, you should ask the developer of your airplane if they could support GSX like others are doing, so you can use their addon without having to use a keyboard.

torsten

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 09:34:34 pm »
Sorry, no. When an airplane arrives (deboarding), loaders will be empty and will be already at the parking. When an airplane is boarding, loaders will have to take luggage from the terminal in which they were loaded, to the parking. And that's exactly how GSX is made.

Not Exactly.

When a Airplane arrives you are correct.
The loaders will be empty for taking the Baggage to the terminal.

During a Turn-arround also, then the loaders take the unloaded Baggage to the Terminal and come back ( if all Baggage are unsloaded  ) with the new one for the Departure Pax.

But when an Airplane is alredy at the Position, like it is at the Time you start your Sim, then the loaders are already at the Position for sure to fasten the load process. That is what GSX is doing wrong, because it is most of the Times like this in the Sim.
You start at the Position with an empty Aircraft and then the GSX loaders are first driving away ( empty because there is nothing to unload ),
and that is wrong.

The Estimate passenger number is the best choice, but even better, is if the addon you use will just use the GSX documented interface to set the passenger number directly, explained in the last pages of the manual.

This is how the FS Labs A319/A320, the Leonardo Maddog X and the Aerosoft Airbus are able to set the correct passengers number without any intervention from the user so, you should ask the developer of your airplane if they could support GSX like others are doing, so you can use their addon without having to use a keyboard.

If you are not able to implement such an easy addition to GSX, i will try myself....amazing, that you are not able to implement that ... or maby crazy ??

Even my Doors are opening and closing by my Programm automatically, so i will also get this to work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 09:37:14 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 11:34:52 am »
But when an Airplane is alredy at the Position, like it is at the Time you start your Sim, then the loaders are already at the Position for sure to fasten the load process. That is what GSX is doing wrong, because it is most of the Times like this in the Sim.

No, GSX is doing correctly, because they way you are describing it, it would result in loaders full of baggage popping in, which not realistic.

So, they one that pops out are the empty ones which will eventually used for Deboarding and, if you call Boarding instead, different ones (the full ones), will always come from the terminal, as they should.

You start at the Position with an empty Aircraft and then the GSX loaders are first driving away ( empty because there is nothing to unload ), and that is wrong.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree here. Wrong would be if they didn't drive away and would appear full, which would be wrong either if you instead started with deboarding.

If you are not able to implement such an easy addition to GSX, i will try myself....amazing, that you are not able to implement that ... or maby crazy ??

We are obviously "able", but it would still be a patched up solution, since you might have SEVERAL 3rd party addons, each one with its own idea of how a passenger + luggage weights, so you would still have to continuously correct the passenger weight ratio.

That's why it's easier to just let you specify the final number directly, and have a way for addons to specify it as well.

torsten

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 11:53:36 am »
So, they one that pops out are the empty ones which will eventually used for Deboarding and, if you call Boarding instead, different ones (the full ones), will always come from the terminal, as they should.

You decribe here how it is now and say it is correct like it is .. can you read again what i wrote??

I'm sorry, but I don't agree here. Wrong would be if they didn't drive away and would appear full, which would be wrong either if you instead started with deboarding.

Have you ever seen how that works on a REAL AIRPORT ??? I think not, because it is exactly like i describet.

We are obviously "able", but it would still be a patched up solution, since you might have SEVERAL 3rd party addons, each one with its own idea of how a passenger + luggage weights, so you would still have to continuously correct the passenger weight ratio.

That's why it's easier to just let you specify the final number directly, and have a way for addons to specify it as well.

Thats right, because i only fly the B7378 i dont think about that.
But anyway...it works in my programm now also for me. So no longer needed this implementation

Eisbahn

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 02:10:25 pm »
A member since 13th November 2018 and already 48 posts of requests and complaints, together with an argumentative attitude.
Do you think Umberto is here just to serve your constant stream of posts. When do you do any actual flying, because all you seem to do,
time after time, is try to find something else to complain about. Give it a rest and let Umberto get on with something useful to everyone.

Eisbahn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 02:45:07 pm »
You decribe here how it is now and say it is correct like it is .. can you read again what i wrote??

I read it as, as I've said, I think GSX is correct as it is now, and I explained why.

Have you ever seen how that works on a REAL AIRPORT ??? I think not, because it is exactly like i describet.

Please read again what I wrote, because it clearly explains why it's more realistic as it is (full vehicles for Deboarding coming from a terminal NOT on at the parking), rather than having full vehicles popping out in front of the airplane, which is not how they are in reality.

torsten

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 08:09:53 pm »
But then, if it is not a turnaround, can you do it like that there are just no loaders at the position and after requesting boarding they come loaded from the terminal?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 09:10:46 pm »
But then, if it is not a turnaround, can you do it like that there are just no loaders at the position and after requesting boarding they come loaded from the terminal?

No, because GSX cannot possibly know if you are going to ask Boarding or Deboarding first.

And, I don't really understand why is such a problem for you seeing two extra empty loaders going away. An airport is always full of moving vehicles going back and forth anyway.

torsten

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 12:10:05 am »
No, because GSX cannot possibly know if you are going to ask Boarding or Deboarding first.

GSX did not know, if i request Boarding or Deboarding ??
I dont beleave that. When i select Boarding GSX decides the Passengers to BOARD and when i select Deboarding GSX decides to let the Passengers deboard.
So i think GSX must know, which Number i select in the GSX Menu.

And, I don't really understand why is such a problem for you seeing two extra empty loaders going away. An airport is always full of moving vehicles going back and forth anyway.

As real as it gets.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 11:08:54 am »
GSX did not know, if i request Boarding or Deboarding ??

GSX doesn't know you are going to ask Boarding or Deboarding. This because in several cases all vehicles will be created BEFORE you chose anything, for example when operating a jetway, or calling any other service first which is not Boarding or Deboarding.

As real as it gets.

That's precisely my point: it's hardly realistic having vehicles full popping out in front of you just because you chose boarding. That's why they correctly come from afar so, obviously the empty ones that could have been used for deboarding will go away empty and, again, it's better than having them disappear.