Author Topic: No Stairs at UPS parkings  (Read 12351 times)

Wise87

No Stairs at UPS parkings
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 08:54:45 am »
Well apparently releasing the fixes to turning off the vehicles which effect performance and the stairs which should have worked in day one for those of us who have bought your software is not a priority. What’s the point of your updater if you can’t update the software.

Hooray your working on new features for your costumers but fail to support those who are using the current versions. Six months sitting on a fix, really? I thought FSLabs was bad about releasing updates.

The community knows this is the norm for FSDT. At least you pushed out a solution so we could now fly from Europe to the US without CTD over Canada. Notice how I didn’t say fix even though it only effected GSX users. Good Day Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Stairs at UPS parkings
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 10:16:07 am »
Well apparently releasing the fixes to turning off the vehicles which effect performance and the stairs which should have worked in day one for those of us who have bought your software is not a priority. What’s the point of your updater if you can’t update the software.

You don't seem to understand. It's not a matter of priority, we simply CANNOT release anything right now, until we'll release the GSX update and the new ecommerce update. And I think ( I THOUGHT ) to have explained this quite clearly but, apparently, not.

It's just that these two major things, the GSX update, and the Esellerate closure, are all happening at the same time.

Hooray your working on new features for your costumers but fail to support those who are using the current versions. Six months sitting on a fix, really? I thought FSLabs was bad about releasing updates.

Sorry if the update feels small to you. It's more like a remake, but it's FREE. It took more than expected, because we kept adding new things to it. Again, for FREE. This is not "a fix", it's an update that's even larger in content that the PAID L2 expansion. The installer grew from 1.0GB for the previous version, to two separate installers, one for FSX, and one for P3D4, with the total size almost tripled.

The community knows this is the norm for FSDT.

That's exactly the opposite. The community knows we supports our products with updates so constantly, and for so long ( GSX came in 2012 ), which is why this uncommonly long pause between update stick out precisely because of that.

At least you pushed out a solution so we could now fly from Europe to the US without CTD over Canada. Notice how I didn’t say fix even though it only effected GSX users.

I don't know what you are trying to say here but, apparently, you again seems to fail to understand what the problem was. As explained so many times, the SIM WAS CRASHING BY ITSELF. GSX did nothing wrong, it was only calling a simulator own internal API that, apparently, is bugged when flying over sparse areas.

This is of course clearly proven by how the so-called "fix" works. We haven't changed anything in the GSX code, other than stopping to call that SIMULATOR OWN API when cruising.

So, in fact, the problem is NOT "fixed in GSX" because, of course, GSX wasn't the cause. The problem is still there, and it can still happen, either with GSX if flying low, or with another other add-on that would do the same call but, I guess after seeing how users like you can be so easily MISLEAD assuming it's a GSX but "because  it only affected GSX users.", but they are confusing the cause with the effect, a typical mistake.

The *cause* is the bug in the simulator that seems to have troubles when somebody ask for facilities in sparsely populated areas.

The *effect* was GSX that was unfairly accused of being causing this problem, when it was only calling a feature of the sim.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:20:50 am by virtuali »

molleh

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 06:24:49 am »
No update for this currently?

w6kd

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 08:31:11 pm »
OK, so we've been dragging along for over 9 months now waiting for that elusive "fix coming in the next GSX update" for no stairs at the UPS Worldport parking positions.  It's ironic that the guys who brought us realistic ground handling can't make it work right at one of their own airports.

While we're at it, could we get the ramp handlers to walk on *top* of the roller ramps rather than buried knee-deep in them?

Also, at least one of the ULS units comes off the high-lift oriented one direction (flat side away from handler), and when the handler approaches the ULS it instantly spins (snaps) 180 deg to put the flat side towards the handler.

The Worldport setup was one of the big selling points of KSDF, and it's been boogered up going on a year now.  Please, can we get this working sometime soon??

Regards

Bob Scott

VHHHflyer

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 01:16:49 am »

While we're at it, could we get the ramp handlers to walk on *top* of the roller ramps rather than buried knee-deep in them?

Also, at least one of the ULS units comes off the high-lift oriented one direction (flat side away from handler), and when the handler approaches the ULS it instantly spins (snaps) 180 deg to put the flat side towards the handler.

I am having these issues too. For me its every container snapping 180 to face the handler.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2019, 10:58:11 am »
OK, so we've been dragging along for over 9 months now waiting for that elusive "fix coming in the next GSX update" for no stairs at the UPS Worldport parking positions.  It's ironic that the guys who brought us realistic ground handling can't make it work right at one of their own airports.

I think you must have misunderstood what the GSX update fixed. Users reported a Couatl error at KSDF, and as the update release note says:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Bugfix: Error on KSDF Cargo Stands.

We fix THAT error, which was the one that was previously reported by several users. Now, you are making an entirely different kind of report we never heard of before, like the guy not walking on rollers (it's supposed to do that), or the ULD containers not turning correctly.

That's the first time someone ever reported this before so, obviously, this will of course looked at, just like the previous crash, which HAS been fixed, as promised.

w6kd

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 02:52:28 pm »
No, Umberto, I think you have misunderstood the subject of this thread..  The first post says it--that there are no stairs (crew stairs in particular) on the Louisville ramps, and your 22 Jan 2019 post in this thread says it will be fixed in the next update.  Please re-read this entire topic...there is no mention of a Couatl error anywhere in the thread prior to your last post.

Yes, the cargo handler walking half-buried in the roller platform is probably new, as is the flipping ULS container issue.  It'd be nice to see those issues addressed also, since some work obviously needs to be done to address the no stairs problem on the Worldport ramps.

And no, the handler is not supposed to be buried up to his knees in the roller deck.  See this video for a look at the real-world ramps in action:  

https://www.courier-journal.com/media/cinematic/video/95133304/louisvilles-ups-worldport-hub-is-in-full-swing-as-the-holiday-season-ramps-up/

Regards

Bob Scott
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:55:39 pm by w6kd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »
No, Umberto, I think you have misunderstood the subject of this thread..  The first post says it--that there are no stairs (crew stairs in particular) on the Louisville ramps, and your 22 Jan 2019 post in this thread says it will be fixed in the next update.  Please re-read this entire topic...there is no mention of a Couatl error anywhere in the thread prior to your last post.

I haven't misunderstood anything, and of course I read this thread but that's really besides the point that you are reported two entirely new things that I never heard about before in THIS thread, that don't have anything to do with missing stairs.

As I've said, everything will be re-checked at KSDF, including your new report, but the Live Update was only supposed to fix the error first and foremost, which was the most pressing issue.

w6kd

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 12:15:31 am »
Umberto;

I saw this in the Sep 7th liveupdate notes: "Bugfix: KSDF - Fixed missing rotated cargo stairs on UPS Cargo stands"

After the Live Update I parked an acft on UPS Worldport Ramp 1, spot D2, and still no stairs.  The Couatl.log shows:

"Error: no model for Couatl type Staircase available for ICAO KSDF and params {'isCargoStand': True, 'isCargo': True, 'exitAlt': 4.0144859009071485, 'parkingRadius': 34.75}"

Regards

Bob Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 02:16:55 pm »
Run the Live Update again, you should get the fixed file.

w6kd

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 04:47:48 pm »
The stairs are there and working now.  Thanks.