Author Topic: Virtuali Question ??? KLAS  (Read 3834 times)

Jetranger

• Jetranger
Virtuali Question ??? KLAS
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:50:16 am »
Hello' I'm Back again, almost a year later and I really liked your KLAS / Las Vegas Airport

Tho', back in October of 2018 , my Flight Sim Computer suffered a Problem, due to some Local Power outages, and I Tried to NO avail to fix the issues of my computer myself.

I ended up taking it to a SHOP to hopefully get it FIXED ???

When the time comes to "re'install" my KLAS / Las Vegas Airport, if I should need assistance or any verification codes, would you be so kind as to HELP me ???

Thi it may be several weeks yet, as I find the time to get everything back up to par , like it was !!

I can't remember if there was a Product Verification code or Not ???

I have and saved on my External Hard Drive the "Original KLAS Installer" from my original purchase

Thought I'd give ya a heads up notice, for the weeks to come in advance

Thanks for a great Airport KLAS, everything worked fine on my system with NO Issues - tho - see my other original posts and YOU TUBE Video's !

I'll be in touch in a few weeks, thanks again , Jetranger / Sim Hanger on YOU TUBE

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:38:49 am by virtuali »

pgde

Re: Virtuali Question ??? KLAS
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:25:17 pm »
If you still can access your original hard drive, in the root directory of the drive you have P3D installed (i.e. c:\ if you installed P3D on your c: drive), there should be a file called FSDreamTeam_KLAS.reg. Just import that into your registry and that will do the trick. Also, if you don't have access to that, you will need to contact the store (online or other) where you purchased the airport from and they can provide you a serial number. FSDT will not have your serial no. I think since that is a function of where you purchased it.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:39:00 am »
Have a look at the FAQ page of this site.

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 05:39:47 am »
OK,,, When the time comes, which is still several weeks away I will try what the FAQ questions advised !!!

Tho', I did NOT install into Prepar 3D or 4D anything,,,, I installed into FSX Gold / Acceleration Boxed edition which I still use and have NO intentions of deviating from that IF I'm able to even get back into Flight Simming.

The Next re'install will have minimum Payware Add On's , as I'm cutting way back on Flight Simming anyway, but this Las Vegas Airport is one I'd like to have back as it worked fine on my Trusty Old Vintage FSX Gold / Acceleration BOXED edition with NO Problems !!!

THANKS !!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 11:38:53 am »
The post from pgde wasn't accurate, and he probably assumed you used P3D, just because everybody is moving away from FSX these days so, P3D it's just the most common choice.

However, that doesn't matter, at all, to the way you retrieve your product activations. While reading the manual and the FAQ is of course the best way to do this, you might also use the .REG file method, which require you still have a backup of your old installation. In this case, the location and the method to us is entirely unrelated to the simulator used, and the .REG files were located here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME

NOT in the simulator root.

pgde

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 10:20:05 pm »
Virtuali -- I disagree. First of all, I said they are in the root of the drive the sim is installed on. Not in the simulator. In my case, P3D is installed on my E: drive and at E:\ (not E:\Prepar3d) there are a number of .reg files for use in reinstallation. I didn't move them there. And yes I did assume he was on P3D. I can do a screenshot if you wish to see.

Happy New Year!

P.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 10:12:24 am »
Virtuali -- I disagree

Well, you can disagree if you like, but it won't change the fact our software don't place the .REG files there. The one and only place were *our software* puts a .REG file there, is in your Home folder ( C:\Users\YOURNAME, usually )

First of all, I said they are in the root of the drive the sim is installed on. Not in the simulator.

Alright, but they are not in the root of the drive the sim is installed into. The place/drive the sim is installed into doesn't have ANY relationship to where the .REG files are saved. The one and only thing that affects them, is the location of your USER ACCOUNT folder which, as I've said, it's usually here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME

In my case, P3D is installed on my E: drive and at E:\ (not E:\Prepar3d) there are a number of .reg files for use in reinstallation. I didn't move them there. And yes I did assume he was on P3D. I can do a screenshot if you wish to see.

I don't doubt you have a copy of these files there, but that's only because you moved them manually, and forgot about it.

Maybe you assumed these files have to "be" in some place to automatically register the software, so you moved them to different places, saw nothing changed (as it's supposed to be) and left them there. A common mistake many user do: they assume the files must "be" placed in some place, either the simulator root or somewhere else, and their very presence will automatically activate the software. That's not how it works: they can be placed anywhere, and nothing in the software would change, the only way to use them is to Double-click to insert them in the registry, because that's what they are: the standard Registry export format, which is used that way. Nothing our software ever *reads* from those files, they are there waiting to be double-clicked to insert the Serial Number in the registry, so you won't have to type it BY HAND.

And, as I've said, when the software is activated for the first time, they are saved in your Home folder under C:\Users\YOURNAME, since we assume you WILL do a backup of your folder, and there's also an option to keep it intact when reinstalling Windows so, by putting there, there might be less chances to lose them.