Author Topic: Runway 27R Crash  (Read 15544 times)

777captain

Re: Runway 27R Crash
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 07:42:06 pm »
Hmm.. Let's see, iceflyer ans skimmer do you have the following addons installed:

1. AES
2. GE Pro
3. REX

skimmer

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 03:47:16 am »
Negative on those three. I am still puzzeled on that subject cause I have done a complete uninstall of all and that included FSX/ACC. Right down to the bone clean ,even spent hours looking for and deleting left over files to any flight sim related folders and reinstalled just FSX/ACC and then KFLL and what happened?, Collision!!!!! I have for my comp a intell 2.83 GHzX4quad processer,200GB hard drive,Intell crossfire motherboard with two 4870X2 AMD graphic cards and 10 GB memory. I am not doing the 3GB switch. Windows XP-SP3. Im not going to spend a lot of time on this matter again and again cause its my opinion there must be a hidden file that causes this . But if you want to Id be happy to exchange posting or help if I can. ;D ;D

PS. I have Flight 1 UT2
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:07:10 am by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 12:51:47 am »
Found the problem, finally!

Sorry, it was really our fault: a file in the installer wasn't updated :o Many users have the correct file though, it depends when it was downloaded, that's why so few reported it.

To fix it quickly, download the attached file, and replace the file with the same name in the following folder:

FSX\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KFLL\model.KFLL_set04_3dsign

OR

You can simply download the 1.2 Updater (see the Sticky post above), or the Full installer, which have been both updated.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:05:34 am by virtuali »

skimmer

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 01:43:33 am »
NO DICE.BUMMER.NO WORKY. I deleted the file you indicated and replaced it with the one you provided then turned on FSX and started at FLL and taxied to the collision spot and BANG(collision). Thanks anyway. ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 02:27:11 am »
Sorry, but this is really not possible. You must have done something wrong installing it.

Please check the .MDL file you now have in FSX is 364.804 bytes in lenght. The old (wrong) one was 365.520, which is exactly the presence of the crash code.

skimmer

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 04:33:00 am »
FSX\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KFLL\model.KFLL_set04_3dsign .The MDL But where do you get the bytes in length numbers? All mine reads is 357 KB. ??? I dont know how to open it as I have tried.

GOOD NEWS FLASH ;D ;D ;D IT WORKED,YES IT WORKS FINE.      I dwnloaded file again,started FSX,let scenery rebuild,shut off FSX,rebooted,started FSX and yippy ky yaa.        Thankyou for your preserverence. You stuck with it just for a few of us and that says a lot.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:12:46 am by skimmer »

Silverbird

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »
Umberto I'm gonna try the file I also get the crash, I hardly ever use crash detection setting so I never noticed it before.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Silverbird

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 09:26:34 pm »
FSX\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KFLL\model.KFLL_set04_3dsign .The MDL But where do you get the bytes in length numbers? All mine reads is 357 KB. ??? I dont know how to open it as I have tried.

GOOD NEWS FLASH ;D ;D ;D IT WORKED,YES IT WORKS FINE.      I dwnloaded file again,started FSX,let scenery rebuild,shut off FSX,rebooted,started FSX and yippy ky yaa.        Thankyou for your preserverence. You stuck with it just for a few of us and that says a lot.

Yep replaced the file and so far it works good.  ;D forgot to mention this is with the demo mode running.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:28:53 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

777captain

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 11:18:10 pm »
Thank you so much Virtuali! It works!  ;D

This is why I have always said that FSDT's customer service is one of the greatest in the biz!

THANKS AGAIN FSDT, Looking forward to purchasing your next project and future projects!