Author Topic: Is KJFK V3 going to come?  (Read 5007 times)

ols500

Is KJFK V3 going to come?
« on: December 28, 2018, 11:58:42 am »
Hi, I have KJFK V2, which is good but the ground textures at night are really low quality. I know the product was from 2013, but it was the best KJFK I could find. Are you guys going to make a V3 version, with updated textures etc?

-Thanks, Ollie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is KJFK V3 going to come?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:59:42 am »
Yes, it's the first in line for a remake, after KORD.

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 09:50:02 pm »
Awesome news, thank you!  :)
I've only been enjoying v2 for two weeks now but I can't wait to see what v3 brings.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

ols500

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 08:26:09 pm »
Awesome! V3 will look sick!

Anders Bermann

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 09:48:58 am »
Amazing news!
Thanks, Umberto and the rest of the team. Looking forward to it.
Best regards, Anders

DreamSkywards

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 12:57:42 pm »
Yes, it's the first in line for a remake, after KORD.

Hi Umberto,

Could we get a roadmap regarding what you are planning in terms of airport updates, remakes, etc?

Thank you

Happy New Year

leftseat

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 05:50:52 pm »
We need a new FLL....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 11:38:05 am »
Could we get a roadmap regarding what you are planning in terms of airport updates, remakes, etc?

I think this has been discussed already a while ago. The most likely order of remakes right now is:

KORD

KJFK

KLAX

That doesn't mean we won't update or remake other airports too but, considering how increasingly long airport development is becoming now ( each time the PC and the simulator gets more powerful/capable, users require more and more quality ), they will keep up busy for a long time so, it wouldn't make any sense to make plans for other airports.

F737NG

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 01:13:08 pm »

I think this has been discussed already a while ago. The most likely order of remakes right now is:

KORD

KJFK

KLAX

That doesn't mean we won't update or remake other airports too but, considering how increasingly long airport development is becoming now ( each time the PC and the simulator gets more powerful/capable, users require more and more quality ), they will keep up busy for a long time so, it wouldn't make any sense to make plans for other airports.

Happy New Year Umberto and everyone at FSDT.

Great! Very much looking forward to these three sceneries being given a makeover.

Will wait patiently for other airports in your product range to hopefully recieve the same treatment.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 02:10:55 pm »

KORD

KJFK

KLAX

Thanks for the reply. I just find it unfortunate how US-centric the market seems to be at times. I know this is what drives the business and everyone is in for the cash but it's just unfortunate. I for one don't own anything from the States.
Switzerland in particular and Europe in general for me.

What is the market share of your products? I recall reading somewhere JFK and ZRH were your best selling airports, but that was a while ago.
You were also surprised at how Geneva fared so well despite its size.

Edit: Double.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 02:21:15 pm »
- Our company is based in Switzerland so, clearly, we have a soft spot for it.

- We are releasing a brand new scenery for Basel in the next months.

- A Geneva update will come shortly, although it won't be a total remake like KORD.

- I would like to be able to tell something about a totally new Zurich, but I don't think it's right to make promises now, when we have 3 large US airports to do ahead of us.

In general, Europe is fairly well covered by other developers, and US is still the largest market, by far.