Author Topic: GSX afcad error  (Read 2051 times)

Danielgarzag

GSX afcad error
« on: December 26, 2018, 08:54:12 pm »
I spawned in Sim-Wing's Madrid and GSX is not matching/recognizing the afcad of that airport and gives me the following message in the .log file:

"Customization file C:\Users\-Username-\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\lemd-uvnn2n.ini ignored: AFCAD file doesn't match afcad_path entry"

Anybody know why this happens?

Pit

Re: GSX afcad error
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 11:09:13 pm »

"Customization file C:\Users\-Username-\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\lemd-uvnn2n.ini ignored: AFCAD file doesn't match afcad_path entry"

Hi,

may be it is not the solution for your problem, but the path should be : C:\Users\-Username-\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\lemd-uvnn2n.ini

Your path is showing a slash before the folder GSX and not a backslash. Perhaps is this the problem?

Anyway, there are more threads here on the forum handling a similar issue, you can use the "search" function looking for "afcad_path entry". Hope I could help. Regards, Pit.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 11:11:37 pm »
Hi,

I saw the slash but it is from the .log file and I can't correct it.

Jonald

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 12:37:36 am »
If you open the ini file, does the afcad_path at the top match your active afcad file? I've had that problem because either the name or the location is incorrect. If you have different runways selected in the config manager for LEMD, it can change the afcad name depending on your selection.

I spawned in Sim-Wing's Madrid and GSX is not matching/recognizing the afcad of that airport and gives me the following message in the .log file:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 10:09:12 am »

As the message says, the AFCAD in use right now, is not the one which this .INI file was made for. This is very common if you have an airport with multiple AFCADs that can be switched, but you downloaded a customization made for only one of them.

You can TRY making a copy of that .INI file with a different name, which MUST follow the ICAO-xxxxx.INI ( xxxx are any characters you want ) naming convention, and JUST change the name of the AFCAD in the afcad_path line.

This might work, or not, depending if the parking configuration is compatible. If the different AFCAD only changed things like active runways, it will likely work, but if the *parking* configuration is different (parking missing or parking added), you will have issues, so a proper .INI file made specifically for the other AFCAD is required.

And, as explained in the GSX manual, Page 36, the full pathname is not used by GSX, only the AFCAD *name* matters

If you provide the scenery with different sets of AFCAD files, just provide several .INI files, named YourICAO.INI, YourICAO1.INI, YourICAO2.ini, each one based on a different AFCAD. The AFCAD pathname contained in the .INI file is not mandatory: if no file with that name is found in the full path, any other AFCAD in FSX matching the name only will be used instead, regardless of where it’s actually installed.