Author Topic: GSX not working only in KCLT  (Read 14215 times)

AirBorne

GSX not working only in KCLT
« on: December 26, 2018, 05:49:15 am »
It's been several months since I don't fly to KCLT, and today as I arrived I couldn't use GSX nor the jetways. Any options I choose from the menu and nothing will happen, and even worse after that the menu itself will never show up again when requested. Have to restart CUatl but then again any option I choose nothing will ever happen.
Have already installed again the standalone addon manager to no avail. Have already installed again the KCLT scenery to no avail. As far as I have tested only happens here.
Don't know what to do other than that. Is this a known issue? How to solve it?
Thanks.

aimhawkx

Re: GSX not working only in KCLT
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 01:13:59 am »
Just purchased KCLT today, and its happening to me too :/

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:52:18 am »
Hello Umberto, would you have any advice in this case? Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 09:01:37 am »
It seems to be caused by some change in SODE 1.6.4. Reverting 1.6.3 fixes the problem: there must have been some change we are not aware of.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:07:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 11:08:09 am »
We asked clarification to SODE developer, and the issue is caused by a new optimization that has been added to SODE 1.6.4 that, in order to speed up loading, will ignore FSDT folders that are not jetways, and it use the "FSDT_Jetway" and "FSDT_SODE_*" patterns. Since KCLT jetways are in a folder named "FSDT_KCLT_Jetway", they don't match those patterns, so SODE is ignoring them.

The solution is to rename this folder:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KCLT_Jetway

to be like this:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_KCLT

so it will match one of the patterns and won't be discarded by SODE.

bhorv67

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 05:42:53 am »
So following the folder name change.

I then ran Live update, and the KCLT_Jetway folder was recreated. Now there's both. Is that ok? The contents of those folders appear to be the same

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 10:47:36 am »
I then ran Live update, and the KCLT_Jetway folder was recreated.

Of course, since the Live Update hasn't been notified of this change: it will soon enough, but I wanted to post an immediate solution so you could use the scenery now, without waiting for the Live Update to be updated.

Now there's both. Is that ok? The contents of those folders appear to be the same

The old folder is now redundant, so you should remove it manually after performing a Live Update. This will of course no longer necessary, when we'll update the updater.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 05:29:29 am »
Thank you for this fix.

bhorv67

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 03:01:56 am »
I then ran Live update, and the KCLT_Jetway folder was recreated.

Of course, since the Live Update hasn't been notified of this change: it will soon enough, but I wanted to post an immediate solution so you could use the scenery now, without waiting for the Live Update to be updated.

Now there's both. Is that ok? The contents of those folders appear to be the same

The old folder is now redundant, so you should remove it manually after performing a Live Update. This will of course no longer necessary, when we'll update the updater.

Just checking that the updater is planned to be updated with this change? I just ran the updater this evening and it's still adding in the previous KCLT_Jetway folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 05:44:01 pm »
Just checking that the updater is planned to be updated with this change?

That's what I said in my previous message: this will of course no longer necessary, when we'll update the updater.

I just ran the updater this evening and it's still adding in the previous KCLT_Jetway folder.

That's because we still haven't updated the updater. We are in the middle of a large update that we are testing right now, so we cannot publish anything until the testing of this update is done.

jordanal

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 10:54:47 pm »
Did this ever make into the updater?  I just had the exact same problem with KCLT and was quite stumped; which doesn't happen often.  Let's get this resolved once and for all, please.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:56:23 pm by jordanal »
Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 05:06:09 pm »
Did this ever make into the updater?  I just had the exact same problem with KCLT and was quite stumped; which doesn't happen often.  Let's get this resolved once and for all, please.

This has been solved a while ago, as I've said, the solution is to rename this folder:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KCLT_Jetway

to be like this:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_KCLT

Of course, the next version of the Live Update will do this automatically but, in the meantime, you can just do this manually and, since there hasn't been any updates in a while, you don't really have any reason to running the Live Update constantly.

xcc99

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 07:59:36 pm »
So are you saying that by having a folder named "FSDT_Jetway" or "FSDT_SODE" I can add more jetways to work with in the configurator? Meaning that I can take some other SODE jetway from the SODE/SimObjects folder and use them in GSX2?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 10:33:39 am »
So are you saying that by having a folder named "FSDT_Jetway" or "FSDT_SODE" I can add more jetways to work with in the configurator? Meaning that I can take some other SODE jetway from the SODE/SimObjects folder and use them in GSX2

The folder rename is required to prevent SODE to filter out jetways, but that doesn't also mean any SODE jetway would work with the GSX configurator, which supports only GSX/SODE jetways, not just any SODE jetway.

hontzt

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 08:02:54 pm »
This makes jetways completely disappear altogether.
I reloaded and restarted couatl, and rebuilt airport cache.

VR

Todd Hontz