Author Topic: GSX crashes some Addons.  (Read 2048 times)

rubenkraus09

GSX crashes some Addons.
« on: December 24, 2018, 03:41:36 pm »
Hello Everbody!
I have a problem with my GSX and I am going to describe that, in the next lines:
-First I had installed the free demo of GSX (without expansion) for FSX. I liked it because I could use it for my favourite Airport Munich EDDM and I
 had I nice pushback for IVAO.
-Afterward I noticed that there was a expansion, which could also be tested for free. Of Course I downloaded and installed it and the installation worked fine without errors (I think so).
-Because of some my preference for the old GSX demo (Expansion a bit buggy) I uninstalled the Expansion GSX and reinstalled the old Demo. But since that moment I have had a real problem with the GSX and generally with my sim: the couatl products are still shown and the GSX also,too, but if I press "Show Controls"/when I start GSX, nothing happens. Then I have problems with for example FSRealWxPro. It displays " sim not connected" and in some aircrafts, some gauges don't work anymore. (CS767;DA42;SF34)
I already reinstalled the simconnect-files, but nothing changes. And I am also very sure, that it is caused by GSX lvl.2, because before I installed that, everything had worked fine.
Merry Chrismas and have a great day!
Kind Regards,
Ruben Kraus
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:50:49 pm by rubenkraus09 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashes some Addons.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:19:21 am »
You cannot install an old very of GSX after installing the new one, this is what is causing problems. If you don't like the expansion features, you must still install the latest installer, and eventually restore the default jetways with the GSX control panel, so GSX will work as the base GSX.

And, if would be best if you, instead just saying "expansion is a bit buggy", and reinstalled with the old installer, would make a proper report of all the things you considered to be bugged, so we can check them and see if they are in fact bugs (and if they are, they will be fixed, of course), or maybe something else you didn't understood about it.

rubenkraus09

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 11:58:14 am »
Ok that is clear, but what should I do when I want to use FSRealWXPro or my expensive airplanes, which don't work as already mentioned? I don't want to reinstall my whole FSX...

Kind Regards
Ruben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 06:52:26 pm »
Ok that is clear, but what should I do when I want to use FSRealWXPro or my expensive airplanes, which don't work as already mentioned? I don't want to reinstall my whole FSX...

I don't see how this can have anything to do with GSX or could be fixed with an older GSX.

From your report, BOTH GSX and these addons are having problems, so they are both VICTIM of your problem, which is likely a problem with Simconnect, which is affecting all of them. You said even some airplane gauges are not working so, clearly, you have a problem with your simulator installation, which is causing issues to all addons.

rubenkraus09

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 08:18:06 pm »
Yeah,I also thought that it has something to do with Simconnect. But before I installed that new GSX version, everything had worked great and after installing/uninstalling GSX lvl 2, it haven't worked. Is it possible, that GSX lvl2 kind of "destroys" Simconnect? That is the only possiblity which I think, is realistic? I am not very trusted with all that file stuff. As already mentionedl, I installed the latest version of Simconnect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 10:59:40 am »
Is it possible, that GSX lvl2 kind of "destroys" Simconnect?

Not possible.

On FSX:SE or P3D3, the GSX installer will just *launch* the Simconnect installer YOU ALREADY HAVE in the \redist folder in the sim, because those simulators might not have the Simconnect version we need ( FSX/XPack ), but if that was already installed, the Simconnect installer will just skip everything and won't do anything.

If, instead, you had an older Simconnect version, the Simconnect installer we launch ( again, only in FSX:SE and P3D up to V3 ), would install a new Simconnect version which will run *alongside* your older version so, addons requiring the old version should work with the old version, and addons requiring the newer versions will run with it.

This is something that MIGHT go wrong, since it relies on all versions properly installed but, of course, it doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which simply started the Simconnect installer you already had on your disk ( again, only in FSX:SE and P3D up to V3 ) but, if your previous installation had a problem, like corrupted/missing files, it might look AS IF GSX "destroyed" your Simconnect, which if obviously not the case, and it would have been exactly the same if you just launched the Simconnect installer manually, which you said you also did.

Unfortunately, just launching the Simconnect installer will not fix a previously problematic installation, this usually requires Repairing the FSX installation, and reinstall all Simconnect clients.