Author Topic: CTD in P3D v4.4 over Hudson Bay.  (Read 21645 times)

kityatyi

Re: CTD in P3D v4.4 over Hudson Bay.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 01:07:36 am »
Of course I forgot to mention the most important, thanks for reminding. To be honest, I am not sure if the updated .dll was still active or not. I have downloaded and installed the updated .dll on the 16th of February after a crash off the Canadian coast like others. However, later I installed many other FSDT products and ran the Live Update several times during the time between installing the .dll and this crash so I am wondering, was this file overwritten? If it was, then it explains why the crash occured. What is unclear, that in a reply in January there was a line that says something like (not exactly like this, so don't quote me on this) the file will be included within a few weeks as part of a big update. Obviously I don't follow developers this closely so I can't tell if that "big update" already occured or not. So I am unsure, is this new .dll file already part of the official release? Hopefully not, and then at least, there is a hope that now that I reinstalled it again, things will go fine. In this case, though, if it's not yet part of the Live Update, I guess every Live Update overwites this file, so it must be manually added from time to time. Am I right?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:10:02 am by kityatyi »

headley

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 07:50:28 pm »
Am I right?
I am afraid you are right.
That famous update is not - yet - released.
After a new (re)install of a scenery and/or Liveupdate, copy the new .dll file again.
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2019, 11:00:48 am »
Yes, that's correct. Since the updated .DLL is not considered official yet, it will be overwritten after running the Live Update, so you'll have to restore it.

Yes, we are late with the update, but it turned out to be bigger than we expected, so we took the chance to change some major parts of the whole GSX structure we didn't like entirely, in order to gain some big optimization benefit for P3D4 users. And, instead of "just" making new PBR textures, we remade many objects entirely from scratch, because they started to look outdated as well.

p3dx3

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 02:51:21 am »
Yes, that's correct. Since the updated .DLL is not considered official yet, it will be overwritten after running the Live Update, so you'll have to restore it.

Yes, we are late with the update, but it turned out to be bigger than we expected, so we took the chance to change some major parts of the whole GSX structure we didn't like entirely, in order to gain some big optimization benefit for P3D4 users. And, instead of "just" making new PBR textures, we remade many objects entirely from scratch, because they started to look outdated as well.

That sounds nice thank you and looking forward to this

Andreasmb

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I downloaded the bglmanx64.dll from your link within yr 1st message of this thread. It shows now version number 4.5.0.17. Is that the last correct beta version of this file?

Tks for brief confirmation,

Andreas

Wise87

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2019, 08:23:39 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I downloaded the bglmanx64.dll from your link within yr 1st message of this thread. It shows now version number 4.5.0.17. Is that the last correct beta version of this file?

Andreas

Yes, this is the latest. Too bad I didn't see this thread before the CTP today. Had a CTD in Canadian Airspace where everyone reports the problem. I should have taken a southern route.

p3dx3

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2019, 07:54:47 am »
Hello Umberto,

Andreas

Yes, this is the latest. Too bad I didn't see this thread before the CTP today. Had a CTD in Canadian Airspace where everyone reports the problem. I should have taken a southern route.

Did you have autosave? That is too bad, if CTP was ruined. This dll fixes it but becomes rewritten if you run FSDT Auto Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2019, 01:10:45 pm »
Ues, this is the latest. Too bad I didn't see this thread before the CTP today. Had a CTD in Canadian Airspace where everyone reports the problem.

But you are the only one reporting this crash using the updated .DLL so either your .DLL is not updated, maybe because you ran the Live Update after updating it manually, or this crash was caused by something else. All other users that posted here reported this problem as fixed.

Just to be clear: this updated .DLL will NOT magically fix any crashes in the sim. It will ONLY stop reading the airport database when cruising, since apparently there might be some corrupted data somewhere in that area which will crash the sim.

As explained, so many times already, the crash wasn't caused by our .DLL, it was the sim that crashed by ITSELF ( the crash happens FACILITIES.DLL ), when the bglmanx64.dll asks for navaids/airport data, which is required by GSX to know which airports are nearby. We don't query that data directly in memory, we just use the same functions the default GPS gauge use so, it's very likely if you opened the default Cessna GPS over that area and searched for airports or navaids, it would have crashed just the same.

This updated .DLL will ONLY fix THIS type of crash, by simply stopping to query navdata if flying above 10k feet. It doesn't do anything else, and won't surely fix any other crashes you might have.

Wise87

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2019, 05:31:47 pm »
Ues, this is the latest. Too bad I didn't see this thread before the CTP today. Had a CTD in Canadian Airspace where everyone reports the problem.

But you are the only one reporting this crash using the updated .DLL so either your .DLL is not updated, maybe because you ran the Live Update after updating it manually, or this crash was caused by something else. All other users that posted here reported this problem as fixed.

Your miss reading my reply. I did not know about your fix file when I was flying the CTP yesterday. If I had know there was a possible solution than I would have installed your updated file.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 05:33:37 pm by Wise87 »

Wise87

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2019, 05:51:52 am »
Installed the file and flew the route again. Worked like a champ. I can fly from Europe to the US once again. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2019, 10:42:07 am »
Installed the file and flew the route again. Worked like a champ. I can fly from Europe to the US once again.

That's good to hear. I mis-read your reply, as if you were still getting a crash even after updating this file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2019, 01:14:34 pm »
In any case, since the feedback so far has been very good, we replaced the .DLL on the Live Update server too, so there will be no need to replace it manually after a Live Update.

Andreasmb

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2019, 02:47:03 pm »
Thanks Umberto, your support is just great!
Andreas

fruitycocktail

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2019, 09:16:13 pm »
I have the same problems.
Always C:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll crash.

I also get it on a flight from ZSPD to LTBA somwhere over Russia

I've found it in three places, the same as you over Russia.  The normal place over northern Canada and in the North Sea of the coast of norway

p3dx3

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2019, 03:16:25 am »
I have the same problems.
Always C:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll crash.

I also get it on a flight from ZSPD to LTBA somwhere over Russia

I've found it in three places, the same as you over Russia.  The normal place over northern Canada and in the North Sea of the coast of norway

I see this in other areas too. I had the ctd before using the updated dll after a p3d reinstall and not disabling some Canadian airports updated by Orbx vector. I do think the problem is a bug in afcad files that have incorrect navaids or unconnected parking and then the couatl dll having trouble reading it or getting stuck.