Author Topic: KCLT gates not connecting in GSX  (Read 4588 times)

thebettercp

KCLT gates not connecting in GSX
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:02:28 pm »
My gates at FSDT KCLT do not connect up to my aircraft when gsx is triggered. After selecting operate jetways, the gsx panel does not reopen when ctrl + f12 are pressed again. Only the KCLT scenery menu popups.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT gates not connecting in GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:04:05 pm »
It's normal that opening CTRL+F12 at KCLT (or any other FSDT scenery with a menu) will open that menu. However, the 2nd entry should read GSX. If you want to call GSX directly, that's what CTRL+Shift+F12 does, by default.

thebettercp

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:47:24 am »
It's normal that opening CTRL+F12 at KCLT (or any other FSDT scenery with a menu) will open that menu. However, the 2nd entry should read GSX. If you want to call GSX directly, that's what CTRL+Shift+F12 does, by default.

correct i get the gsx option in the menu initially. however after selecting any option, gsx acts like it is enabled and working but at KCLT no ground units show up and the jetways stay static. nothing visually happens and no options can be selected from the gsx menu

AirBorne

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 02:21:23 am »
Yes, me too.
Just arrived at KCLT (after many months not flying here) and... surprise! GSX does not work. I call it normally, request a gate, but the ramp guys never show up. After that the GSX menu will never come back either.

laking

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 01:40:36 pm »
I can confirm the same issue. GSX is no longer working in KCLT and KSDF. I use SODE 1.6.4
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 02:04:30 pm by laking »

mransom1956

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 04:45:00 pm »
I have the same issue CTRL-F12 select gateway then it sticks on remove parked cars menu. FYI CTRL-SHIFT-F12 is also hot key for UT Live.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 09:07:35 am »
It seems to be caused by some change in SODE 1.6.4. Reverting 1.6.3 fixes the problem: there must have been some change we are not aware of.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:08:00 am »
We asked clarification to SODE developer, and the issue is caused by a new optimization that has been added to SODE 1.6.4 that, in order to speed up loading, will ignore FSDT folders that are not jetways, and it use the "FSDT_Jetway" and "FSDT_SODE_*" patterns. Since KCLT jetways are in a folder named "FSDT_KCLT_Jetway", they don't match those patterns, so SODE is ignoring them.

The solution is to rename this folder:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KCLT_Jetway

to be like this:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_KCLT

so it will match one of the patterns and won't be discarded by SODE.