Author Topic: Parking Spots  (Read 2990 times)

Quietman

Parking Spots
« on: December 20, 2018, 05:20:30 am »
I am using ProAtcX, GSX, and FsDream Team KSDF. When arriving at KSDF I have two different sets of parking spots to choose from. ProAtcX's and GSX's. Is there anyway to get these parking spots to match. I am unable to use GSX because ProAtcX is assigning me a different parking spot.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:38:08 pm by Quietman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Spots
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 04:14:12 pm »
Please make an example of what do you mean with "not matching".

What you'll see in the GSX menu, on an FSDT airport, it's almost always more user-friendly and informative than what the AFCAD standard allows to developers, so they will have more user friendly names.

So, for example, what the simulator (and any other 3rd party utility that reads the scenery AFCAD) reports as "Gate C14 CARGO", it will be shown as "Cargo Stand C14" under the "UPS Worldport Ramp 3S" in the GSX menu. But they are the same parking.

If, instead, you mean you have misplaced positions too, that's another entirely different issue, which might be caused by an AFCAD conflict.

Quietman

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 12:59:44 am »
"So, for example, what the simulator (and any other 3rd party utility that reads the scenery AFCAD) reports as "Gate C14 CARGO", it will be shown as "Cargo Stand C14" under the "UPS Worldport Ramp 3S" in the GSX menu. But they are the same parking."

Yes, your example is what I was referring to. I was wondering is there a way to have ProAtc to use the same numbering system. Since I posted this I have figured out the numbering system. It would just be easier if everything matched. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 10:09:19 pm »
I was wondering is there a way to have ProAtc to use the same numbering system. Since I posted this I have figured out the numbering system. It would just be easier if everything matched.

There isn't one, unless we made some kind of API to communicate that data to 3rd party addons, and the ProAtc program would be updated to support it, because it's data not available anywhere in the simulator other than in GSX, since it's part of the internal configuration of our airports.