Author Topic: GSX in PBR Preview  (Read 6280 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX in PBR Preview
« on: December 17, 2018, 03:58:18 pm »
Hello to all,

we are currently working to upgrade most of the GSX objects library to PBR, starting with jetways, since these were modeled right from the start with PBR in mind, here's the before/after comparison, showing more realistic glass and metals:

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=8f28f3f4-0164-11e9-9dba-0edaf8f81e27&fbclid=IwAR3I_wCY8kJotrz0UhXMrbvNinGlAaPL1ymOcedcxb3PrGMihGVEjh_h1aA
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:30:23 pm by virtuali »

Ankh

Re: GSX in PBR Preview
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 08:31:23 am »
Sorry Umberto, but I see nothing but an empty post, might be the reason why there is no feedback so far.

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 09:26:08 am »
I see nothing but an empty post

Well, I can see the presentation without a problem.

BTW It looks good but the PBR version of the jetway glass seems to be much darker and less transparent.
I wonder how it will infulence the visibility of the crew/pax walking in the jetway.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »
Well, I can see the presentation without a problem.

I can see it too but, for those that can't, I added a link below it.

BTW It looks good but the PBR version of the jetway glass seems to be much darker and less transparent.I wonder how it will infulence the visibility of the crew/pax walking in the jetway.

It's not less transparent. It's looks less transparent from *that* light angle, because it reflects more light, as it should be. That's the whole point of PBR: materials  looks realistic, and it's entirely realistic that at a specific angle, a glass material would reflect so much that you cannot see what's behind. But, of course, it would be enough to move the view, and you'll be able to see what's inside.

fahdriyami

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 11:12:34 am »
This looks wonderful. I've already gotten a taste of PBR with LatinVFR's SCEL update and the difference is noticeable. The way light reflects off the buildings and apron as you come in to land is incredibly realistic.

So the more PBR, the better. I can't wait for this GSX update.

Will PBR also be added to other elements of GSX, like the pushback trucks and other service vehicles, or is it only jetways for now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:32:21 pm »
Will PBR also be added to other elements of GSX, like the pushback trucks and other service vehicles, or is it only jetways for now?

We'll shortly have a fairly large update, which will update ALL jetways in PBR, and will add/replace some of the older models for passenger stairs too. It will be an ongoing process but, eventually, the whole GSX will be updated to PBR-

Koen

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 06:03:27 pm »
When will the vehicle update be released. I saw it in beta testing with the fslabs beta a few times. Not so much a release date but more an indication like a few months or soon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 09:51:48 pm »
When will the vehicle update be released. I saw it in beta testing with the fslabs beta a few times. Not so much a release date but more an indication like a few months or soon.

We hope weeks more than months, but it's going to be one of the biggest update ever, so we are treating as if it was a full new release, with proper Beta testing as well.

It's likely we'll have a public Beta period as well, once we'll have most of the basics done. The new Fuel Hydrant it's main new vehicle, but we are redoing many others as well.