Author Topic: No buildings visibles sometimes after scenery installation  (Read 38851 times)

denis

Re: No buildings visibles sometimes after scenery installation
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:27 pm »
1° /
Open %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG   ( FSX.CFG, NOT EXE.XML!! ) with Notepad

- Remove all the references to Couatl.exe under the [trusted] section. Remove all the lines that contains a Couatl.exe reference.

OK i do, but i find only this line with Couatl, this one
F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.ililhwlbqkwqwhzzbqquwnieukrqcnlokhlbctah=1

Save FSX.CFG
I do when it ask me if i want save

Launch FSX and notice if it asking you to trust the Couatl module. Reply YES to both questions.
I do, when it ask me if i want register, i say ; yes  and it want i trust, a say; yes

denis

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2009, 07:25:25 pm »
2)/
it doesn't work at the first try, I launch FSX again and, it  doesn't work, I reboot Windows and I try again (antivirus disabled)
= No building
I try one more time
= No building
I try again with antivirus open
= No building
I try to close windows at the first try, i open windows i launch fsx
= No buiding

I am sorry, But no building. I try to change the parametres of FSX setup, but for nothing
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:27:34 pm by denis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2009, 10:13:17 pm »
I'm sorry, but I have no idea why it wouldn't work, other than the antivirus blocking the program before it starts.

Can you check if you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder ? If yes, post its content.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:52:39 pm by virtuali »

denis

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 12:50:00 am »
I look inside "%APPDATA%\ " and it dont find " Virtuali folder "
I ask to Windows to look for " Virtuali " and it find nothing, same for " Couatl.err "

Sorry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 02:22:23 am »
This means Couatl never started, not even once. So, it just confirm the theory that the antivirus is probably the culprit, because it's blocking it before it has a chance to get executed.

denis

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2009, 10:14:43 pm »
Hello,
I speak with ste of my antivirus, and it said, remowe anti virus, clean windows of every thiing from antivirus,
and re install the antivirus.
I remove the antivirus, clean windows, and after i re install Geneve, i try  and i can look your scéne.
After i re install the antivirus, and i can look your scene.
Thank for your great job, this scene is very nice.
But realy my antivirus tell me every time, the Couatl, is a virus, but for the present, it dont stop your scene.
I have only one problen, when i look my flight with the Fsx Video, i dont look the scene. But it is not a big problem
And i want to tell you, you do a great and very nice scene but the system for install your scene is strange, i have
this problem but i know many people have one problem also
Thank for your help
Bye

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 02:24:41 am »
And i want to tell you, you do a great and very nice scene but the system for install your scene is strange, i have this problem but i know many people have one problem also

Our sistem to install is not "strange", it's a normal installer so, I don't see why it should be named "strange". The Couatl file doens't have anything to do with installation, it's the file that handles several special functions, like ParkMe, YouControl, the Safegates, stc.

The issue is not the scenery or the installation, it's the antivirus that is at fault.

And not, this is not a problem that affects only our products, see this post at Flight1's forum:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24061

The problem is the same, and the solution is the same.

denis

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 04:34:24 pm »
ok !!! ok !!!
But
I have only one problen, when i look my flight with the Fsx Video, i dont look the scene
Some friend tell me, they can look the scene with FSX Video, do you know why i dont look the scene in Fsx Video ??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2009, 04:49:04 pm »
Some friend tell me, they can look the scene with FSX Video, do you know why i dont look the scene in Fsx Video ??

You mean, the FSX Instant Replay ?

Yes, this is not a bug, it's a known issue that, unfortunately, we can't do anything about it. It's related to the fact that we don't use BGL format for buildings.

This gives us greater flexibility, because we don't run into limitations that other developers have, like not being able to fine-tune visual range for the objects, or the lack of LOD (level of detail) in FSX SP2, which is something that scenery developers complained about it, since a scenery that was LOD-optimized in FSX SP1, would probably perform slower in SP2, because LOD has been removed from BGLs in SP2. We don't suffer from this problem. And, we can also create smart objects with intereactivity, like the Safegates in Geneva, which are not possible in BGL. And, we use this method to have custom ground vehicles with physics and behaviours.

To achieve this, we draw the objects in C++ directly using Simconnect, which is the officially supported FSX native API. It usually works without any problems but, the only problem is, objects drawn this way are not compatibile with the FSX Instant Replay.

You can use the free FS Recorder for FSX as a replacement, which will also offer much better options as a recorder, and it IS compatibile with our sceneries.