Author Topic: Opera jetways menu option  (Read 1439 times)

bcars

Opera jetways menu option
« on: December 13, 2018, 10:53:54 am »
When at the gate and I have single jetway, (default jetway, so gsx made it a sode jetway),no stairs. I select option 6 operate jetways, it gives me option 1 and lists the jetway, but it is not selected, so have to press 1, then 2 to confirm -- 3 key strokes.
Since it knows the gate and the only jetway, would it be possible to have that option operate jetways, just start the operation without having to select the only jetway listed and confirm?  Just press 6 and it starts.
Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Opera jetways menu option
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:58:40 am »
This has been discussed and answered already: there are some user (programming keyboard macros) and even some external utilities that relies on GSX menus to be in a certain order and, if they changed them depending on some conditions, we would disrupt their operation.

So, at the very least, it should be a configurable option.

bcars

Re: Opera jetways menu option
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:27:37 am »
Umberto:
I understand you don't want to alter the menu flow. A config option would be great.
I have a full cockpit and want to minimize the keyboard interactions and have the gate operations adapt to the airport/gate/aircraft condition  and allow some basic default behavior based on the current position and aircraft. By me selecting this behavior based on enabling a config setting, I would be knowingly assuming responsibility for possible conflict with any 3rd party product behavior.
Thanks
Bruce