Author Topic: Fuel Truck goes to wrong side of aircraft  (Read 1997 times)

bcars

Fuel Truck goes to wrong side of aircraft
« on: December 10, 2018, 10:53:50 pm »
Using GSX2 / Level 2 and B737 aircraft.   I have the aircraft configuration with the Fuel location on the right wing. When I request fuel, the truck comes up, approaches from the back right, then abruptly turns left and lines up on the Left wing.

The parking location is set as a gate, it is a horizontal gate in which the aircraft lines up parallel to the terminal, not head in.
I have tried varying the parking configuration to reduce the amount of space on the left side ( closest to terminal ) but that doesn't alter things. When the fueling is complete, the truck backs up inside the building when it is turning around.

Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel Truck goes to wrong side of aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:42:34 am »
The problem is surely your rotated parking. Is an AFCAD you made, or it's part of a scenery ?

bcars

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:06:28 am »
Yes, one I made with ade. KLBE,  is there something I need to add or change in the parking spot?
The parking is parallel to terminal, jetway works fine , catering truck,baggage carts and pushback all work fine, only the fuel truck goes to wrong position.  The aircraft cong has the fuel on starboard wing.
Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:07:06 am »
If you could post your AFCAD, we might check it.

bcars

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 10:27:51 am »
I found the problem. Even though the gsx.cfg for the aircraft had the proper values, it was going to left side. When I went into aircraft editor and did 3d customization, it had the position in center of aircraft as if it was at the zero cg. By moving in editor, to place at starboard wing, then fuel truck went to proper position. Not sure why it was not interpreting the gsx.cfg. also appears gsx default is to go to left wing.. it does not go to fuel port location, but parks off the wingtip. It is always the small fuel truck.

I will experiment with other planes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:34:42 am by bcars »
Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 11:04:45 am »
Even though the gsx.cfg for the aircraft had the proper values, it was going to left side.

Then either that GSX.CFG you were looking at wasn't the one used by GSX, or it didn't had the proper values. The airplane editor will tell you which GSX.CFG is used, either the one in the main airplane folder, or the one in %APPDATA%, with the one in %APPDATA% taking the precedence.

When I went into aircraft editor and did 3d customization, it had the position in center of aircraft as if it was at the zero cg

That's the default position for an airplane were the fuel position has never configured (or for an airplane that was not configured at all).

also appears gsx default is to go to left wing.. it does not go to fuel port location, but parks off the wingtip. It is always the small fuel truck.

The small truck doesn't "always" appear. It appears when the refuel point under the wing is too low for the larger truck, that is lower than 3.40 meters. If the larger truck cannot fit under the wing, the smaller one will come, on the side specified by the refuel point (left if negative, right if positive), provided a refuel point IS set.