Author Topic: The Couatl scripting engine has encountered and unrecoverable error  (Read 6189 times)

zap51

I was doing a flight between KDAL to KLAX and on approach I get the error "The Couatl scripting engine has encountered and unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone..."  I restart couatl but it gets stuck in a loop.  Completely ruined my flight.  I downloaded the latest live update and updated and downloaded the latest stand alone manager and this problem won't go away.  What can I do?

Here's the log:
couatl v3.2 (build 4061)
panic log started on Sun Dec  9 20:40:34 2018

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KLAX', 'User Pos': (33.95312403234739, -118.39295382208707, 91.6816 m, 53.2753 m, 275.40148877793393)}
User collision geometries reloaded

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The Couatl scripting engine has encountered and unrecoverable error
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:01:07 pm »
The problem is not caused by KLAX, GSX or Couatl but, instead, is likely caused by your FSX.CFG being corrupted or reset, possibly by another addon, so now it's missing the line added by our installers to let it find the scenery objects.

If you or another utility reset or recreate the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall ALL (not just FSDT's) products that needs their path to find objects added as simobjectpaths = xxxx lines in the FSX.CFG

So, normally, a reinstall of any FSDT product should fix this, because our installers will of course add the required lines to the FSX.CFG file automatically but, you should try to identify why you FSX.CFG was reset, otherwise the problem will happen again.

zap51

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 12:47:48 am »
I checked and the only airport that has any issues is KLAX.  All other airports (including FSDT one's) work perfect.  I uninstalled then reinstalled KLAX and I only get the jetways.  The buildings are not showing up at all.  After I reinstalled KLAX a second time and reinstalled addon manager, no buildings. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 02:50:24 am »
I checked and the only airport that has any issues is KLAX.  All other airports (including FSDT one's) work perfect.  I uninstalled then reinstalled KLAX and I only get the jetways.  The buildings are not showing up at all.  After I reinstalled KLAX a second time and reinstalled addon manager, no buildings. 

Try this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19955.0.html

zap51

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 11:29:18 pm »
I already did do that.  I can get the jetways, just no buildings. Here's a copy of AppData>Roaming>Virtuali>GSX.  No lax ini files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 10:31:20 am »
I already did do that.  I can get the jetways, just no buildings. Here's a copy of AppData>Roaming>Virtuali>GSX.  No lax ini files.

Are you sure you installed BOTH GSX Level 2 and the current version of KLAX ?

zap51

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 06:46:18 pm »
I downloaded and installed KLAX version 1.7 and everything seems to work.  Thanks.