Author Topic: GSX+Aerosoft's simWIngs Anchorage Professional P3Dv4  (Read 5823 times)

vc-10man

GSX+Aerosoft's simWIngs Anchorage Professional P3Dv4
« on: December 09, 2018, 11:35:33 pm »
I have GSX v1 installed with no intention whatsoever to move to GSX2.

I have just installed  Aerosoft's simWings Anchorage Professional,(Ted Stevens International PANC known the world over except for GSX) because when trying to use GSX, lo and behold, it cannot find a major international airport but instead its AFCAD can only find Lake Hood sea-plane base. Great, a lovely sea-plane base I am sure but quite useless to park a 747 freighter there!

As if that wasn't hair-tearing enough, having read the GSX Manual, this is what I am supposed to be able to see except it does not show, so in effect cannot even Customise the incorrect airport Afcad for the correct Afcad.

Any advice?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX+Aerosoft's simWIngs Anchorage Professional P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:29:21 pm »
I have GSX v1 installed with no intention whatsoever to move to GSX2.

This is of course entirely irrelevant to your issue but, regardless if you want to buy Level 2 or not, it's still best if you download and install the latest installer, something I guess you have been already prompted by the Live Updater, otherwise you won't have access to the latest updates, and we cannot support you properly.

While the latest installers includes all GSX Level 2 files, if you don't want to buy it, you can always go back to the default jetways with the GSX Control Panel, so GSX will work exactly as it always was, but at least it's the latest version.

I have just installed  Aerosoft's simWings Anchorage Professional,(Ted Stevens International PANC known the world over except for GSX) because when trying to use GSX, lo and behold, it cannot find a major international airport but instead its AFCAD can only find Lake Hood sea-plane base. Great, a lovely sea-plane base I am sure but quite useless to park a 747 freighter there!

This has been discussed so many times already on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17212.msg123513.html#msg123513

And of course, it's also explained at Page 25 of the GSX manual, the "Airport Visibility" paragraph, which explains how to deal with Auxiliary airports/helipads/seaplane bases very close to the main airport.

vc-10man

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 12:03:48 pm »
' have been already prompted by the Live Updater, otherwise you won't have access to the latest updates, and we cannot support you properly.'

Already been prompted, already run

Okay, thanks for that link, will check it out.

One further question, how can I get the catering vehicles to service a 747-400F at the correct door instead of the usual PAX version 747-400, i.e the Upper Fwd Right-hand door? And only one catering vehicle as there is no AFT service door on a freighter?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 01:24:50 pm »
One further question, how can I get the catering vehicles to service a 747-400F at the correct door instead of the usual PAX version 747-400, i.e the Upper Fwd Right-hand door? And only one catering vehicle as there is no AFT service door on a freighter?

By using the aircraft configuration editor in GSX, described in Pages 46-50 of the manual, which is used to configure the doors on any airplane.

vc-10man

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:16:10 pm »
Thanks for that heads-up. Appreciated.

Will check it out.

vc-10man

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 10:24:53 pm »
Okay, need some assistance please.

Used that 'Customize Aircraft' from the drop-down menu; at the 747-400F Fwd front door, I altered the door height so that the catering loader could reach it;saved the editor. But when I asked for the catering services again, no catering vehicle showed up, and the menu said 'Catering service not available for this aircraft'.

And all I altered was the vertical. So what is it that I have done incorrectly?

vc-10man

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 11:24:22 am »
This is really odd.

On a Windows 7 P3Dv4 sim, the 'Customize aircraft' after editing to get the catering service vehicle to load at the correct height Fwd Door worked perfectly, yet when editing exactly the same way, it did not do so as per previous post on a Windows 10 P3Dv4 sim.

Are there anomalies between the two platforms?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 02:19:36 am »
On a Windows 7 P3Dv4 sim, the 'Customize aircraft' after editing to get the catering service vehicle to load at the correct height Fwd Door worked perfectly, yet when editing exactly the same way, it did not do so as per previous post on a Windows 10 P3Dv4 sim.

Are there anomalies between the two platforms?

Nothing in the OS could make any difference.

We only use Windows 10 so, clearly, the problem is not the OS but, perhaps, on your Windows 10 system, either you have done something differently, or there's some kind of software interfering (possibly the antivirus) that prevents from saving the settings in the %APPDATA% folder, which is not normal, since you should always be allowed to write there.

vc-10man

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 09:59:03 am »
No antivirus on the Windows 10 set up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 11:08:12 am »
No antivirus on the Windows 10 set up.

Then it's something else which is preventing the configuration to be saved, such a problem with your user account, or corrupted permissions on that folder. This might be fixed by removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

And reinstalling GSX, since the installer will reset all file permission to their correct values. Note that, doing this will erase all your customizations (airports and airplanes), so you might want to make a backup of that folder first.

vc-10man

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 01:15:22 pm »
Thanks for that advice. Will do. Updated Windows 10 to Fall Creators Update Windows 10 Pro  64-bit 1809.

That editing works so smoothly in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, so hopefully, I can get it working in Windows 10 now it is fully Updated.

vc-10man

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 05:08:58 pm »
All sorted and fixed

This topic can now be CLOSED