Author Topic: GSX L2 - No people  (Read 2457 times)

hrhett

GSX L2 - No people
« on: December 15, 2018, 07:49:56 am »
Umberto et-al,

I made the upgrade purchase when L2 came out and had this same problem. You responded but the problem was never resolved. Unforeseen complications have forced me to do a full reinstall of P3Dv4.3 on Windows 10. This has given me the opportunity to perform a clean install with GSX l2.

• P3D 4.3 installed firs
  • Installed some utilities (i.e. UTLive, Active Sky, etc)
  • No other scenery or addons have been installed

This is a clean install and when boarding/deboarding (using P3D default at Long Beach California) passengers neither load or unload from bus or aircraft. Every time I launch P3D I get the string of notifications listed below.

Can you provide some trouble shooting assistance? I don't plan to install anything else until I resolve this problem.

Best regards.
Howard
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:52:27 am by hrhett »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L2 - No people
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 10:19:01 am »
This is a clean install and when boarding/deboarding (using P3D default at Long Beach California) passengers neither load or unload from bus or aircraft. Every time I launch P3D I get the string of notifications listed below.

The problem simply cannot happen, under normal circumstances, and it's unlikely to be caused by another simulator addon. Instead, the only possible reason for this is some other software you installed when you reinstalled the OS, which is interfering with the registration.

The most likely cause is the antivirus, so the first thing to try would be acting on it, and disabling the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Another possible reason is that you created a limited-permission user account when installing the OS. It's best if you run the sim from an user account with full privileges.

Try running the sim As Admin, at least to do the activation. If that doesn't work, try changing the properties for this file:

Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe

to run as Admin. Right-click on it, select Properties->Compatibility and check the "Run as administrator" option, then start the sim again and see if the activation now sticks.

hrhett

Re: GSX L2 - No people
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 03:37:52 pm »
Umberto,

Please see below in red...

The problem simply cannot happen, under normal circumstances, and it's unlikely to be caused by another simulator addon There is no other scenery add-on installed. I intentionally chose to isolate GSX2. Instead, the only possible reason for this is some other software you installed when you reinstalled the OS, which is interfering with the registration. This is a Windows 10 reset, wouldn't the registry be clean? The only products I installed were Active Sky and Ultimate Traffic Live

The most likely cause is the antivirus, so the first thing to try would be acting on it, and disabling the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning. I haven't installed any yet. Windows Defender is the only product installed (its not, as you know, a user option to not install). Ideas on how to disable?

Another possible reason is that you created a limited-permission user account when installing the OS. It's best if you run the sim from an user account with full privileges. I believe I do have full privileges, how do I verify?

Try running the sim As Admin, at least to do the activation. If that doesn't work, try changing the properties for this file:

Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe

to run as Admin. Right-click on it, select Properties->Compatibility and check the "Run as administrator" option, then start the sim again and see if the activation now sticks.