Author Topic: Issues with dynamic lighting  (Read 13549 times)

mspencer

Issues with dynamic lighting
« on: December 09, 2018, 11:29:31 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an FSDT thing... but I've noticed it at both CYVR and KLAX in the last few days... with both the PMDG 737 and the Aersoft Airbus Pro.

Running 4.4. The airplane is totally dark with no dynamic lighting.... also take a look at the ground texture. Very low quality. Had this problem both at LAX and YVR.

I didn't notice it until 4.4 and I didn't notice it anywhere except FSDT airports. Is this a settings issue?
Also when I turn on the taxi light... everything the light touches turns high res.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:35:52 pm by mspencer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues with dynamic lighting
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:41:07 pm »
Quote from: mspencer link=topic=19936.msg137170#msg137170 date=1544394571The airplane is [i
totally[/i] dark with no dynamic lighting...

None of these sceneries have any dynamic lights, and since there's nothing in the scenery which will lit the airplane, its appearance at night will be exactly the same as any other default airport.

also take a look at the ground texture. Very low quality. Had this problem both at LAX and YVR

The texture looks exactly as it always did at night, before dynamic light was first included in the sim (so it's nothing to do with 4.4), and its resolution depends on the max texture size, which at KLAX must be 4K, otherwise you are not seeing the same resolution the scenery was designed with.

When you turn the airplane dynamic lights on, normal maps (that are normally inactive at night, until a dynamic light hits the texture), will appear, giving you the illusion on an higher resolution, and that's entirely normal as well.

mspencer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:48:54 pm »
Ohhhh. Okay, this makes a lot of sense, thank you for the quick response!

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 06:34:15 am »
Is there a timeline for adding dynamic lighting to these two sceneries?

bilookhan

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 08:01:33 pm »
Is there a timeline for adding dynamic lighting to these two sceneries?

You will find some Dynamic Lighting profiles made by other developers here:
https://www.inibuilds.com/dynamic-lighting