Author Topic: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED" **SOLVED**  (Read 16271 times)

mr_loly_pop

ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED" **SOLVED**
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:43:55 am »
First i hope i am writing this at the right place and if not the pls do move this topic to appropriate location.

Second my native language is not English and if i make mistake then forgive me and try to understand.

Its years i have been using GSX its always one addon which have always given me a real hard time to run it and i have also tried these forums to share the problems and try to understand but finally i end up thinking and think that my money got total wasted so far as its really not possible for me to install this.

I wont talk about past but i just wanted to share where i am coming from so today i took a chance to install it again coz i did a new installation of my windows so i had to redo everything so i download the installer from the website and start installing the addon and here it happens (Refer to Attachment GSX Error)

I knew it as like always GSX will tell me to check my system on this and disable my Antivirus so here are the details

1.) I have my windows Defender disable already that was the very first think i did when i installed my windows.
2.) i use AVG Antivirus and i know its not the best but it still keep my windows working and keep it STABLE (very important)
3.) Added the extensions for the installers which are installing to AVG extension area (Refer to Attachment GSX Error 4)
4.) Disable all Components in the Antivirus and try to download again (Refer to Attachment GSX Error 3)

After all this i Still have the same ERROR.

By Default the installer is saved in the Documents folder and i tried to install it again but still no luck with it same error

Now after all this i seriously dont know whats wrong with all this coz i had a very old installer was saved in my drives so i start that installing that one and without any problems that installed with it also installed when my AVG Antivirus was ENABLE i never had to disable it.

Its defiantly NOT MY System Problem its your installer which is giving issues and i cant do more about this coz if i disable more things on my system this will totally disturb my system security systems and windows will not be stable for it, I am not a pro like you all but i do understand how things works.

Any solution is welcome and i think i have explained it everything what i could and i would like to know how to solve this issue and if someone else have this problem pls do share.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:02:00 pm by virtuali »

mr_loly_pop

Re: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 07:27:10 am »
Guess what i just try to  install on my laptop which has windows 7 no defender and no Antivirus install and only Active sky installed as i mention i am making a new installation and this laptop is in network and i download it it download around 1 GB installer in the documents file and same error in windows 7 also

Now i am 100% sure its not my problem the files on the server of yours itself have issues

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 12:24:42 pm »
 could  be  its  your  download  manger is  at  fault  depending on  what  your  using  to  down load the  file, unlikely  its  fdst  server  at  fault  since  everyone   would have the  same issue  as  you  have

Try  a  different browser  to  download  it again   since  you  might  be  unlucky  to have  a bad  download,   run  it  as  admin as well  to install
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:33:40 pm by pete_auau »

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 01:12:27 pm »
could  be  its  your  download  manger is  at  fault  depending on  what  your  using  to  down load the  file, unlikely  its  fdst  server  at  fault  since  everyone   would have the  same issue  as  you  have

Try  a  different browser  to  download  it again   since  you  might  be  unlucky  to have  a bad  download,   run  it  as  admin as well  to install

Thankx for the reply

I think i already mention that i have changed the systems also and the other one is with the windows 7 so there is no point left of what you are saying both are new installations and i cant blame anyone tho windows 7 laptop have nothing in it i just gave a try coz i wanted to make it sure its not my side

anyways seems like there is no response from any admins also

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 01:24:23 pm »

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here but, of course, you cannot expect or demand we would *always* reply outside normal business hours, and you posted on Sunday.

No, of course the problem is not the GSX installer, because if it was a sever problem on our side, it should happen to everybody so, clearly, it IS something in your system that caused the corrupted download.

This is clear from your screenshot, all 3  .BIN files have the wrong sizes, they are supposed to be as follows:

gsx_fsx_setup2-1 = 389,314 KB
gsx_fsx_setup2-2 = 390,625 KB
gsx_fsx_setup2-3 = 345,146 KB

And as you can see in your screenshot, none of the file you downloaded matches this size, the first two surely had their downloaded interrupted before it was finished, since they are a lot smaller.

Try all of these:

- Disable all security products (antivirus, firewall, etc) that might interfere with the download, and also any download managers.

- Remove the GSX_Installer folder from the Documents folder and try again

- Remove ALL cookies from fsdreamteam.com from the browser, restart the browser and try again

- Try with a different browser.

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 03:59:29 am »

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here but, of course, you cannot expect or demand we would *always* reply outside normal business hours, and you posted on Sunday.

No, of course the problem is not the GSX installer, because if it was a sever problem on our side, it should happen to everybody so, clearly, it IS something in your system that caused the corrupted download.

This is clear from your screenshot, all 3  .BIN files have the wrong sizes, they are supposed to be as follows:

gsx_fsx_setup2-1 = 389,314 KB
gsx_fsx_setup2-2 = 390,625 KB
gsx_fsx_setup2-3 = 345,146 KB

And as you can see in your screenshot, none of the file you downloaded matches this size, the first two surely had their downloaded interrupted before it was finished, since they are a lot smaller.

Try all of these:

- Disable all security products (antivirus, firewall, etc) that might interfere with the download, and also any download managers.

- Remove the GSX_Installer folder from the Documents folder and try again

- Remove ALL cookies from fsdreamteam.com from the browser, restart the browser and try again

- Try with a different browser.

Of-course i understand if you guys dont work on Sundays and have to wait for the reply

I think i did mention on my first reply to this post is that i format my laptop which has windows 7 SP1 NO ANTIVIRUS no walls nothing installed i just wanted to make it 100% sure if this is my Antivirus even if its 1% effecting anywhere (No other program installed)

1) Loged to the website download the latest installer from the website
2) Installer start downloading files from the server.
3) Installer STOP with the Error in the refer picture shown

The Error still remains in windows 7 SP1 also

Now i have no idea how the file size is on the new installer coz i never cheeked before and never bother But now how to get this full installer working and how to change your installer to download the full installer so i can get the full files coz the way your installer is downloading i cant download those files coz i dont know from which URL the installer is downloading the files. So its the installer who is downloading those files in My Documents Folder not my Chrome or any other browser.

I ruled out all the problems of blocking for the installer to download those files in my newly formatted Laptop which dose not have anything in it and i just want to make it sure if it is right and i also understand that if there will be a problem then its on the sever end problem and there are more people who should have reported this issue thats what i also want to know WHY ME thats the question in my mind too

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 08:27:35 am »
Now i have no idea how the file size is on the new installer coz i never cheeked before and never bother

That's simply because some other software is interfering, preventing the download from completing.

But now how to get this full installer working and how to change your installer to download the full installer so i can get the full files coz the way your installer is downloading i cant download those files coz i dont know from which URL the installer is downloading the files. So its the installer who is downloading those files in My Documents Folder not my Chrome or any other browser.

There's nothing to change in the installer, which will always download the correct files. If it doesn't, as I've said, it can only because something else installed in your system is interfering.

Normally, this would be the antivirus or firewall but, since you said you haven't any, you cannot rule out the chance you have a REAL virus which is interfering instead.

And yes, it's entirely normal the installer would download the files under the Documents folder.

In any case, if you want to try  downloading manually, here's the direct links:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/gsx_fsx_setup2.exe
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/gsx_fsx_setup2-1.bin
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/gsx_fsx_setup2-2.bin
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/gsx_fsx_setup2-3.bin

If you manage to download them all of them correctly, just start the gsx_fsx_setup2.exe to install.

If the direct download works, it clearly confirms the problem was caused by another software you don't know you have installed, which is blocking the download because it's not *you* doing it, but the GSX installer, since the URLs on the servers clearly work.

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 12:56:15 pm »
Okay here is the report

First Thanks for the Direct links to download the full installer and all those links like charm without any issues
Second i am not sure what makes these files to stop downloading it as i still downloaded on the same system with Antivirus ON and i did not made any changes. I really dont understand why this happens and why on my side and with 2 different systems. I hate when i dont understand but there are lot of things in the world i dont understand so i will let it go for now

The GSX installer installed without any errors now and i hope it will work that i will check later on but for i can only say thankx for the effort to understand and make it work this time :)

Regards
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 12:57:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 01:00:08 pm »
First Thanks for the Direct links to download the full installer and all those links like charm without any issues

Which confirms the files were always correct on the server.

Second i am not sure what makes these files to stop downloading it as i still downloaded on the same system with Antivirus ON and i did not made any changes

You said you had no antivirus, now you say you turned it ON ?

As I've said in my last reply, the antivirus could be the cause, because it's might not trusting the *installer* downloading the file, but it's trusting *you* downloading the SAME files from the same URL (that's the only URL we have).

There's just no limit to the creativity antivirus developers place to hamper the correct working of your system. Yesterday I've downloaded the latest Leonardo Maddog X update, and Chrome tried to remove the download because it said it wasn't safe, and Windows Smartscreen complained as well...

pete_auau

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 08:13:47 am »
tp the op  you havnt  by any  chance  got  any  malware  program  installed  as   well   since  it  might  cause  some  issue,  since  this  has  been  posted on the  fsl   forum  that the  malwarebyte    causes  the  fsl  labs   some  issues  on downloading  and  installing  their  advice  was  to remove  it  from your  pc   and  re  install it  after  the install of   fsl

Mhbt Ba

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 03:23:31 pm »
Good afternoon,

After having looked a few topics regarding the issue I am facing, I still cannot find any solution.
I'm still having the "source file corrupted" error message after :
-completely removed GSX and Addon Manager
- having disabled my antivirus (which is simply Windows Defender)
- cleared my browser cache
- tried to download the install from a different browser

Any other solutions please ?

Pluskafon59

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 04:53:12 pm »
Hello,

for me !

Mhbt Ba

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 07:53:59 pm »
I'm not sure if it's something related to the installer, maybe ?
There's nothing to do right now

Jasona1972

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 04:00:24 am »
Hi

I am having the same problem and getting the same message at the same point in my installation. I have done everything that I see talked about in the forums here about "file source corrupted and it isn't working. After about 6 hours now and about 30 different tries at installing it I have tried everything. My last try I did all of this and it still didn't work.

1. I turned off AV and firewall
2. I cleared all history on both Internet browsers
3. I made sure that anything that the GSX install in the Control Panel was removed
4. I uninstalled from C drive AddOn Manager
5. I made sure that the Documents / GSX Installer folder was deleted
6. I emptied recycle bin
7. I did disk cleanup on all drives
8. I restarted the computer
9. I downloaded the file from FSDreamTeam
10. I installed it only to get the error

I did the above again and installed from the installer in the download folder instead of installing from the link on the browser and got the error message. I did it again but tried installing but downloaded it to a different location and got an error message when I installed it. I did the above again and download it onto a flash drive from a different computer and still got the error message when I installed it.

Please give me a real solution and not some work around that just happens to work.

Thanks
Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 08:14:17 pm »
I just downloaded both the FSX version and the P3D version of the GSX installer, and I cannot reproduce the "source file corrupted" error. I also verified all the MD5 checksums for all files, and they are as they are supposed to be.

- Clear your browser cache.

- Remove this folder:

Documents\GSX_Installer

- Download again, be sure you use the latest installer ( the small setup.exe ) from our site, and be sure you are launching THAT copy, it's possible your browser could create a duplicate  ( gsx_fsx_setup(1).exe, for example ), if you have an older copy of it in the same Download folder. If you have, best remove the old copy first.