Author Topic: LOWW - GSX Level 2. Fully finnished configuration available here  (Read 4505 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
LOWW - GSX Level 2. Fully finnished configuration available here
« on: December 09, 2018, 01:11:59 am »
1.Jetways and bridges addded. All parking postions tested. No errors no matter what plane you use, size or door (1L on S & M. 1L, 2L and sometimes 3L on HEAVY).
      2. Pushbacks for gates AND Parkings:
          a. More realistic (adding Facing North, south, ect.. on the choice of pushbacks!!!). This way you do not have to think too much when the ATC tells you to place the plane heading ....
          b. Fixed the pushbacks that i detected to be wrong.
          c. Long pushbacks now specify on which Lane you land and close to which parking place.
       3. If the scenery has a docking system that has conflict with your starting position when entering the Sim (Too far, etc), is replaced by a GSX2 docking device.  If it doesn't, one is added. Both in Gates AND parkings (where possible)
       4. Double Jetways added when possible. In scneries that you can remove fixed jetways, I show you how.
       5. Vehicles in position.

To download the link go to: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg131922.html#msg131922
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 04:14:13 pm by cartayna »

Hanse

• Beta tester
Re: LOWW - GSX Level 2. Fully finnished configuration available here
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:57:46 pm »
Hi,

thanks for your great work and I installed your files for a lot of airports and those are working properly. The only problem I have is with LOWW because I tried a lot of variations and no one worked like with the others airports. Therefore I need some help.

I have the lastest version of FlyTampa LOWW 2.9 installed and are using it with the SODE jetways (via the GSX menu) without any problems. But I would like to replace those ones with your GSX 2 jetways which you also introduced for the other airports I am using. So if I set the SODE.xml file  in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml as suggested to  "FlyTampa_LOWW.off". But then no jetways are displayed at all (even if I tried an installed all 3 files from both of your versions "with fixed jetways" as well as "with no fixed jetways". If I reactivate the SODE.xml then the jetways are displayed but with your files I get the error message at gate F36 " No jetways can operate on this position"   

Also you are writing: "Remove, delete, turn off or whatever you prefer, the file "jetways_lib" from the scenery library". I cannot find those files in the scenery library. Please be a little bit more specific regarding the file names and its location because there are so many scenery folders on my system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Rolf

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 03:37:12 pm »
Hi,

thanks for your great work and I installed your files for a lot of airports and those are working properly. The only problem I have is with LOWW because I tried a lot of variations and no one worked like with the others airports. Therefore I need some help.

I have the lastest version of FlyTampa LOWW 2.9 installed and are using it with the SODE jetways (via the GSX menu) without any problems. But I would like to replace those ones with your GSX 2 jetways which you also introduced for the other airports I am using. So if I set the SODE.xml file  in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml as suggested to  "FlyTampa_LOWW.off". But then no jetways are displayed at all (even if I tried an installed all 3 files from both of your versions "with fixed jetways" as well as "with no fixed jetways". If I reactivate the SODE.xml then the jetways are displayed but with your files I get the error message at gate F36 " No jetways can operate on this position"  

Also you are writing: "Remove, delete, turn off or whatever you prefer, the file "jetways_lib" from the scenery library". I cannot find those files in the scenery library. Please be a little bit more specific regarding the file names and its location because there are so many scenery folders on my system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Rolf
Hello Rolf,
this configuration has been downloaded hundred of times and is the first report of anything being wrong, so there must be something you are not doing correct. I dont think i can be more specific, the files are EXACTLY where i say they are and named the way the are, i even did tutorials on how to do it.  By the way this are the only freeware confgurations with over 2 hours of tutoarials on how to use it, though i understand not even 10% use them, thus the errors arise... But lets try to find out what is that you are not doing correctly.  

First of all, i have uninstalled the scenery. installed it. turned off the .xml sode file. and if i go to the scenry folder this is what i find (of course there is only 1 scnery folder as in every scenery).see: http://icecream.me/77e59c560a8c665c154344d14bcde8cc .  (yeap, i also use version 2.9).
Why do i say turn the jetways files off? because the configurator of Flytampa does this to files, depending on what configuration you have chosen, and since there are so many combinations, i need to make sure that you have chosen the correct one.  After installing Viena, this is what is in my folder. If you choose SODE options in your flytampa configurator, it turns off the jetways file and on the .xml file in sode. thus i am specific about what should be off.  If you dont have those files in your scenery folder, means you have a corrupt scenery.  

Second, i dont know if I understood well, but if you are using more than 1 of my files at the same time, that is going to give you a lot of errors. dont do this. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ONLY 1 FILE LOWW-cartayna .ini file on the gsx folder in appdata. not any other. Actually, make sure there is ONLY one LOWW-xxxx file in your gsx appdata folder.. mine of course.

Third:  "If I reactivate the SODE.xml then the jetways are displayed but with your files I get the error message at gate F36 " No jetways can operate on this position"  does this mean that you have the scenery sode on and mine too? if this is the case, dont. the .xml and the jetwayslib.bgl should BOTH be off.

Fourth: as in any other installation of a gsx configuration you should always, always check the Afcad name in my ini file. Why? very simple, a configurator can change the Afcad in use depending on what options you use. In the case of LOWW, if you select the de-icing plataform on, it will activate a different afcad "on" in your scenery folder. So, LOWW can have 2 different afcads available. With de icing on in your configurator, the afcad that has the .bgl extension on is:"LOWW_DEICE_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl". If you dont have that option selected, the correct Afcad for that scenery is "LOWW_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl".  Thus the one not selected in your configurator, you will find this file ".off" in your scenery folder.  In any case, the one with the .bgl extension should be the one in the second line of the .ini file.  So being winter already, and if you have selected the deicing option in the configurator, this is what you should have in the .ini file: http://icecream.me/bdd5ddd78eaaac82e0d4cb4a912fc8cd.

Finnaly. a)After turning off this 2 files and using the no fixed jetways folder (which is the one we use for the jetwayslib.off configuration, as this instruction is only in that folder) and b)chekcing the name of the Afcad in my ini file to be the same as the one you are using,  i go inside p3d, and did not even need to REBUILD AIRPORT CACHE ONCE, AND RELOAD COUTL A few times till the jetways show, to bring my customization on.  It has worked perfectly for me as it should for you. see pics.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:38:49 pm by cartayna »

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 06:37:07 pm »
Hi,

thanks for your detailed answer and support. Finally I got it running as required.

My problems were:
1. I did not use the FlyTampa Configurator to set the SODE jetways to OFF but did it manually. The result was the same......
2. Then I deleted the file "jetways_lib.bgl" in the main installation folder for FlyTampa LOWW ......in Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa\Vienna\Scenery
3. I installed the 3 files (with no fixed jetways) from your zip-file into the various folders you stated
4. And I think this was the basic tip to solve my problem: Changed the AFCAD file name in your "loww-cartayna-v3NF.ini" file to the currently active one as suggested. I remember that you stated to check the AFCAD files in your other zip-files but I forgot about it as with the other airports there were no such problems e.g. two different AFCAD files for different seasons.

Thanks again and also a Happy New Year
Rolf   

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:40 pm »
Hi,

thanks for your detailed answer and support. Finally I got it running as required.

My problems were:
1. I did not use the FlyTampa Configurator to set the SODE jetways to OFF but did it manually. The result was the same......
2. Then I deleted the file "jetways_lib.bgl" in the main installation folder for FlyTampa LOWW ......in Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa\Vienna\Scenery
3. I installed the 3 files (with no fixed jetways) from your zip-file into the various folders you stated
4. And I think this was the basic tip to solve my problem: Changed the AFCAD file name in your "loww-cartayna-v3NF.ini" file to the currently active one as suggested. I remember that you stated to check the AFCAD files in your other zip-files but I forgot about it as with the other airports there were no such problems e.g. two different AFCAD files for different seasons.

Thanks again and also a Happy New Year
Rolf   

yes, the afcad on the ini, is a classic mistake... whenever you have a problem. start there.
cheers