Author Topic: GSX level2 deboarding animated passengers  (Read 4540 times)

Malcolm

GSX level2 deboarding animated passengers
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:21:42 am »
I have recently purchased GSX level 2 and find it great apart from deboarding at an airport without a jetway and no bus (some airports eg Prestwick, Scotland EGPK do not have a bus as the aircraft parks very close to the terminal). Unless I am wrong, you only see animated passengers if you have a jetway or a bus.
If this is the case is it possible to have passengers walking to and from a terminal in a future upgrade? I assume you could add a terminal door in the customisation feature.
Thanks for your support.
Regards
Malcolm

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX level2 deboarding animated passengers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:48:38 am »
This has been already discussed many times on the forum and yes, walking paths for passengers are planned for an update.

We can't say when, since we'll have to do an entirely new waypoints editor, and that will be used by the new Pushback system as well, so we must do it right, to be usable for both.

Malcolm

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 06:29:17 pm »
Back in December you indicated that walking paths for passengers are planned for an update in GSX level 2. Do you have any news when this is likely to happen?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 01:43:25 am »
Back in December you indicated that walking paths for passengers are planned for an update in GSX level 2. Do you have any news when this is likely to happen

When it's ready. I'm sure you don't want to have it before it is.

The next update will be huge, and it took so much work, there wasn't any time to work on this, which (as already explained so many times, even in that last post), it MUST be made together with the new Pushback system, since they will both share a very similar component, which will be a generic graphical waypoint editor inside the sim, to create both custom pushback routes and custom waypoints for people to walk to/from the terminal.

As already announced in several video and posts, the next update will feature lots of objects remade for PBR, the new Fuel Hydrant and a much better organization for repaints, which will made user customization way easier. Since the big change in the past month was P3D going PBR, it was clearly the most correct choice to give priority to THIS one, and took a chance to reorganize the whole repaint system in GSX, which wasn't efficient, but was the only way to do to keep compatibility with FSX and older P3D versions. Now, since it's finally clear that FSX is dying out and, it was the right time to focus on that, because it's important for the future growth of GSX.

The Pushback remake, which will come in the next update after the upcoming one, is too important to rush it in this one. With the new puhback, the paths for walking passengers would be very easy to do, since it's only a matter of doing the user interface since GSX, internally, can already make any character walking everywhere in the airport, we only require the proper UI to create paths, since it's clearly not possible to do this automatically, it must be done parking by parking, with a different path for every parking, otherwise passengers will simply crash into everything...yes, of course, we already tried at some airports that have terminals so close to the gate that a Bus is not used, like our own Hawaii airports, and automatically simply doesn't work, since no parking are the same.

dexspeed

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 05:49:13 pm »
Hei. Now is year 2020. Is there any information when this problem will be solved. I just bought gsx and gsx2. I like to fly with dash 8 to Small airports so that is useles to me. if I could use the parking editor and make lines for the passengers and point where dissapear. it should not be difficult to do

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 10:17:30 am »
Hei. Now is year 2020. Is there any information when this problem will be solved.

Why you call it a "problem" to be "solved" ? A problem would be something that is advertised to be present and it's not working correctly, so it should be solved. This is a feature we never advertise to be included in the product ( which also come with a Trial version ), which would be nice to have, and we plan to add it in future updates.

I just bought gsx and gsx2

Ok, so you are new. GSX came out in 2012, and it was constantly updated since then, mostly for free, with the exception of the optional GSX L2 expansion, and we don't plan stopping with updates.

if I could use the parking editor and make lines for the passengers and point where dissapear. it should not be difficult to do

It's not easy as you might think but, as I've said, it's still a planned feature that will eventually come.

dexspeed

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 05:11:39 pm »
I did not mean it like that, sorry! because of my bad English.  That's a problem for me not gsx problem. Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to it

bcm652

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 04:41:12 pm »
I think this is a great idea. One of my favourite aircraft to fly is the King Air(FSX) and animated passengers walking to the terminal would be a great addition. Keep working on it. So, could you include the King Air and the Lear Jet in your plans. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:55:19 pm by bcm652 »