Author Topic: CYVR bleeds through the clouds  (Read 7077 times)

dimkzr

CYVR bleeds through the clouds
« on: December 05, 2018, 07:03:40 pm »
I have a problem with CYVR scenery in P3Dv4.3

The screens are pretty much self-explanatory: I can see the airport through the clouds.

This is my second (out of many dozens) scenery with this issue: first was some extremely old airport from UK2000. FSDT's KLAX doesn't have this problem.

I'm running the latest versions of CYVR and Couatl.

dimkzr

Re: CYVR bleeds through the clouds
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:53:54 am »
It's been almost a week. Any help?

dimkzr

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:36:01 am »
Two weeks and counting...

I have a feeling that FSDT doesn't really want to see me as their customer. Five-star support.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 10:53:54 pm »
There are ten of thousands of posts in this forum, and I replied to more than 32.000 of them so, don't you think it MIGHT be possible a post might go unnoticed ?

In any case, I tried to reproduce your problem, but can't, see the attached screenshots showing the airport showing perfectly fine through clouds.

Since you use 4.3, maybe this is something that was fixed in 4.4, because the problem of objects with transparency having issues with clouds is not obviously something that has anything to do with our scenery, but it happens with every object with transparency, it's very well known to developers, it HAS been reported to LM, so it's possible they have fixed it in 4.4.

dimkzr

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 02:25:01 am »
Thanks for your reply Umberto.

I will update to 4.4 in the coming days and see if it fixes the problem.

dimkzr

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 09:42:07 pm »
Since you use 4.3, maybe this is something that was fixed in 4.4

Unfortunately, the problem remains.

This is the clean installation of 4.4, completely vanilla (stock textures, no custom shaders and whatnot). The only addon I'm using (except CYVR) is GSX. Shot taken at 17000ft with "Gray and rainy" weather theme:

https://i.imgur.com/POdfqsT.png
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:23:43 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 11:27:42 am »
I'm sorry but, as you can see in my screenshot, the problem doesn't happen normally so, you must either have some problem with your video settings, or have applied a tweak in the simulator that is causing this. Or, possibly, another addon you installed has applied a tweak that is causing this.

With "clean installation", you mean you ALSO removed ALL these folders ?

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

This is the only "clean" installation but, of course, will require that all the addons that doesn't use the add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons folder (like we do), to be reinstalled, because it will remove your old Prepar3d.cfg, the scenery.cfg, the DLL/XML files and the list of active addons.

stripealipe

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 05:53:38 pm »
I seem to be getting the exact same problem as the OP with the airport bleeding through the cloud layers. I use Active Sky latest version, so maybe that causing issues with your scenery in some way?
Writing this away from my machine, but i'll double check and see if the problem persists when turn off Active Sky. Will report back..

Running latest versions of everything btw.

dimkzr

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 04:54:51 pm »
Well, several months later I'm still having this issue.

Running the latest versions of P3D (hotfix2), GSX/GSX2, AS4, ASCA, Envshade and Envtex.
No ReShade, no PTA, no uncommon/shady tweaks - only legit payware products.
Completely clean installations (incl. removing all aforementioned folders), no leftovers at all.

Now, I'm aware that fixing this problem would require you to basically recompile the whole scenery in a different way.
And giving the extremely small number of users affected, I don't expect you to do so.
So I guess I have to live with it in a hope that CYVRv2 for MSFS2020 will behave better ;D

https://i.imgur.com/fH7L9Rj.png

https://i.imgur.com/KpQYc08.png
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:46:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 09:47:45 pm »
Running the latest versions of P3D (hotfix2), GSX/GSX2, AS4, ASCA, Envshade and Envtex.
No ReShade, no PTA, no uncommon/shady tweaks - only legit payware products.Completely clean installations (incl. removing all aforementioned folders), no leftovers at all.

With "clean installation", you mean you reinstalled *only* CYVR + GSX and nothing else ?

dimkzr

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 05:21:51 am »
With "clean installation", you mean you reinstalled *only* CYVR + GSX and nothing else ?

My older report (from 1st Jan 19) was made with the clean P3D installation (only CYVR + GSX and absolutely nothing else: no tweaks, no more addons, even the weather was stock).

This time it is P3D + listed addons (CYVR, GSX, AS4, ASCA, Envshade, Envtex) and the usual Orbx stuff (Global + OpenLC NA; but NO Vector).

So, three different P3D setups, no exotic addons or tweaks - and the very same problem.

I'm not bragging, but I have several hundreds (yes, hundreds) of freeware and payware airports, and have only encountered this problem two or three times during my 10+ years of simming.

My semi-educated guess is that it's either some particular cloud type or cloud texture causing this (this could explain why you weren't able to reproduce this), or it's just the way this scenery was created (we can both agree that FSDT's approach to scenery making is kinda not 100% orthodox).

P.S. It's not some layering issue either, as CYVR sits on top of my addons list.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:30:13 am by dimkzr »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:07 am »
This time it is P3D + listed addons (CYVR, GSX, AS4, ASCA, Envshade, Envtex) and the usual Orbx stuff (Global + OpenLC NA; but NO Vector).

Again, could you please try with no other addons ? Right now, only two users reported this, and you and the only other user are both using Active Sky so, first thing to check, is to test with a clean installation, one in which clouds haven't been modified.

dimkzr

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 12:35:06 pm »
Again, could you please try with no other addons ? Right now, only two users reported this, and you and the only other user are both using Active Sky so, first thing to check, is to test with a clean installation, one in which clouds haven't been modified.

I've already tested it without other addons (see my post from 01.01.19).
But sure, I will give it another try the next time I will be reinstalling P3D.