Author Topic: Failure of KJFK2 to run in P3D  (Read 4547 times)

freded

Failure of KJFK2 to run in P3D
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:34:27 am »
Hi,

I have recently purchased and installed the FSDT excellent scenery for New York's Kennedy Airport, jfk2_fsx_setup.exe.

I first installed it in Prepar3D v.3.4.18 but every time I select it, even with P3D's default aircraft, it crashes to desktop after taking several seconds to fully load. I checked with Windows 7 Task Manager and there is plenty of CPU and Memory available, so I cannot understand why it refuses to run.

I then tried installing it in FSX and it runs perfectly.

Can someone please suggest what is causing this problem?

Regards,

Mark
Regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Failure of KJFK2 to run in P3D
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:53:58 pm »
The most likely cause, is that you have a problem with an AI airplane that goes only there, like a missing/corrupted texture, or an AI originally made for FS9, which are known to cause crashes in P3D.

Because of its schedule, the AI only appears *there*, so you might be easily mislead the problem is the scenery, when it's not.

freded

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:14:33 pm »
Hi virtuali,

Thanks for your reply. I now see that with KJFK in FSX there is an intermittent message at the top of the screen saying,"ERROR: Please lower the amount of AI traffic configured. (More than 1000 simultaneous SimConnect requests!)"

On checking AI traffic in Options-Display-Traffic, I have both Airline and General Aviation traffic density set to 12 Why should this be too high? However, even with the above error message showing, I can move the aircraft (via SLEW) but Runway markings are not visible.

I wonder could this be the same problem (without the Error message showing) in P3D?

Regards,

Mark
Regards,

Mark

freded

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:17:51 pm »
Hi again virtuali,

Correction: The runway markings ARE visible! I was looking in the wrong place...

Mark
Regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 03:20:09 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I now see that with KJFK in FSX there is an intermittent message at the top of the screen saying,"ERROR: Please lower the amount of AI traffic configured. (More than 1000 simultaneous SimConnect requests!)"

That message is not coming from any of our products but, most likely, from another addon that has detected that Simconnect was overflown by too many requests at the same time. No idea which addon does this check.

The number of simultaneous requests, of course, is the sum of ALL requests made to the simulator by ALL the installed addons so, it's never a single one fault, but it's the combination of everything, and your only option is trying to act on all your addons and see if they have ways to reduce their traffic on the Simconnect pipe.

JFK, by itself, doesn't do any Simconnect requests.

If you use GSX, the only time we do lots of Simconnect request, is while passengers are boarding, so this is directly controlled by the "Passengers Density" slider.

freded

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 01:25:53 pm »
Hi virtuali,

Thanks again. But how can I find out what addons are using SimConnect resources?

Mark
Regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »
The easiest way is to disable them all (if they are proper P3D4 addons, they can be easily disabled with the Options->Addon menu), then re-enable one at the time, until you find the issue.