Author Topic: I configured FSDT PHNL for GSX L2 SODE, just one question re Live Update  (Read 7360 times)

jalbino59

Hello, I have a question for Umberto, I managed to configure FSDT Honolulu for GSX L2 by disabling the .bgl file for the static jetways and replacing those along with the animated jetways so now I have a nice working configuration with all jetways working.  I'm happy with this until you publish your own configuration.  My question is will the file I manually de-activated be changed back if I run live-update? Thanks in advance for your insight.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I configured FSDT PHNL for GSX L2 SODE, just one question re Live Update
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 01:59:42 pm »
First, FSDT Honolulu never had any static jetways, they are all animated jetways, using the standard CTRL+J method, so they are referenced by the scenery AFCAD, with their actual models in a separate library .BGL, which I guess this is what you disabled.

When we'll release our own configuration, the Live Update will do everything which will be required to do to fix the scenery, including restoring files you might have removed (if they are still required), or removing files that are no longer required.

The only thing you'll have to do, would be remove your own customization .INI file, because we never remove automatically things you made personally in the GSX preferences folder, but they always get the highest priority in use, so you must remove them manually.

jalbino59

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »
Understood, and thanks for the response. I was referring to the additional jetways present at the "heavy" gates.  I always assumed they were static because I never used them.

r22s7

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 12:03:12 am »
Hello, I have a question for Umberto, I managed to configure FSDT Honolulu for GSX L2 by disabling the .bgl file for the static jetways and replacing those along with the animated jetways so now I have a nice working configuration with all jetways working.  I'm happy with this until you publish your own configuration.  My question is will the file I manually de-activated be changed back if I run live-update? Thanks in advance for your insight.   

Would you be able to upload your configuration for PHNL? :)

jalbino59

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 10:52:49 pm »

I wouldn't know how to upload to this area.

jalbino59

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 12:00:47 am »

I think I figured it out. Let me know if its OK

Dreamflight767

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 02:27:08 am »
Hi:

Your instructions say "Replace the afcad_path in the provided phnl-gsxlv2.ini file with the PHNL scenery afcad path for your own installation. (normally "Your P3D Root Folder"\FSdreamteam\PHNL\scenery\AFX_PHNL.BGL)".

But no such AFCAD is included with your download here.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »
Your instructions say "Replace the afcad_path in the provided phnl-gsxlv2.ini file with the PHNL scenery afcad path for your own installation. (normally "Your P3D Root Folder"\FSdreamteam\PHNL\scenery\AFX_PHNL.BGL)".

That's redundant. The author has probably missed this from Page 36 of the GSX manual, the "Note for scenery developers" paragraph:

The AFCAD pathname contained in the .INI file is not mandatory: if no file with that name is found in the full path, any other AFCAD in FSX matching the name only will be used instead, regardless of where it’s actually installed.

So, even if he made the .INI file with his own installation under D:\PREPAR3D\FsDreamTeam\PHNL\scenery, GSX will just IGNORE the path, and will use that .INI file for as long the AFX_PHNL.BGL is in use, which is the name of the AFCAD that comes with FSDT PHNL so, there's just nothing for you to do or to download, and the .INI will work fine as it is.

fontaine32

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 07:52:59 am »
Applied the ini file for gsx level 2. How do you remove the original jetways or do you have to wait for an update?

matthewpow

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 10:25:00 pm »
I turned off the PHNL_Jetway.bgl and the PHNL_Jetway_D.bgl to an off file extension, which should work.

jalbino59

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2018, 02:01:00 am »
Hi:

But no such AFCAD is included with your download here.  Thanks.

What I meant was to replace the text in the .ini file to point to your scenery location. However, Umberto explains that line isn't even required. 

jalbino59

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2018, 02:01:40 am »
I turned off the PHNL_Jetway.bgl and the PHNL_Jetway_D.bgl to an off file extension, which should work.

Correct.

AirBorne

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 01:30:18 am »
Does PHNL already have SODE jetways implemented from the developer (FSDT)? How is the compatibility of this scenery with Orbx Honolulu?
Thanks.