Author Topic: No Sode Jetways in GSX Trial V2 for KORD with P3DV4  (Read 7251 times)

bworld1

No Sode Jetways in GSX Trial V2 for KORD with P3DV4
« on: December 04, 2018, 07:52:09 am »
I finally solved this situation. Even though I own FSDT Chicago Ohare scenery and downloaded the latest version, when I checked the GSX airport customization, all of the gates were /J not /JS. My other 2 airports - Flight Beam KSFO, and FSDT KLAX were /JS. So, I believe FSDT hasn't updated the KORD GSX scenery files yet for the SODE jetways. I spent a very long time watching a GSX video and reading the doc on customizing (in my case, none of the numpad numbers were set up for the slew functions, which are described in the doc). Anyway, first, I selected one terminal at a time (which highlights all of the gates at that terminal), each time I checked the box for Jetway Exclude Radius and left it at 1.00, then pressed Apply. Once I had done that with all terminals, I quit the GSX customization and quit P3DV4. Then you start up the GSX Control Panel from the start menu, (wiat for it to say the simulation has stopped) and check the box on the right below Compile, then click the box at the bottom for doing the compile. Close it, then start up P3DV4, and after GSX has finished initializing, wow, you now have default SODE jetways!
So, I found that the gate I was parked at would not allow the default Sode jetway to move to the door because the jetway is too big, even if I moved the jetway away from the plane. The default jetway is a 3 tunnel version, 39/19 (and it's steel). So, I clicked on the jetway tab and changed the jetway to ThrysenKruppapron 2 tunnel crystal 28/18. I positioned the nosewheel and the stop setting of the plane, and the jetway, and not only did the jetway move into position pretty well to the plane, but also, the glass jetway showed some of the passengers walking through it! So, again I selected all gates one terminal at a time and made the jetway change (I'll decide later if I want to check each one with the AI aircraft parked there for position, probably can't move the AI, but I could position the jetway probably). Anyway, there were 2 other things to do while changing all the jetways, make sure the foreground and background colors are selected for the jetway text (some gates had black for both). Also, on the main page, uncheck and recheck the No Staircases to get rid of the staircase truck if you don't need it at any of the gates.
That's it - this would be the same procedure that you would do with a 3rd party airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Sode Jetways in GSX Trial V2 for KORD with P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 02:20:10 pm »
Your message is very hard to read but, basically, it says you figured out how to customize a scenery, right ?

johnshaw

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:49:16 pm »
I bought the new Chicago O'hare today and I have found as the previous message states there are no sode jetways at any of the gates , I started at gate B14 and along the full terminal there are no jetways.
Please can you create a quick fix to sort this problem.
The rest of the scenery is fine good work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 09:50:34 pm »
The problem surely doesn't happen, and KORD V2 is full of jetways. Be sure you don't have another conflicting scenery for KORD.

johnshaw

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:15:01 pm »
The last scenery I had was version 1 of this scenery.  It has been uninstalled and the new version installed.  I have Orbx Global and vector scenery but this sits lower than all my addon scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 10:59:36 pm »
Open the GSX customization page, and check the name of the AFCAD in use, it's supposed to be the one from FSDT KORD V2.

grapeno1

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 01:14:47 am »
I was having the same problem with my KORD V2 and no jetways. I checked all the airports I had installed in P3d and found they all worked. After about 3 hours I found what the problem was. I had uninstalled UT Live and replaced it with Traffic Global about 4 day before installing KORD V2.

So I uninstalled Traffic Global, and reinstalled UT Live. Now I have no problems with KORD V2 at all. everything is now working and I don't have stairways floating, or missing jetways.

So not to say Traffic Global is a bad program, I loved it. or that KORD V2 has a problem. I love it. both are new programs and it would be best if FSDreamteam and the guys over at Traffic Global have a sit down on this problem.
If the problem ever gets worked out. I will be going back to Traffic Global.

That's my 2 cents.

Al Stallbaumer
Hub Manager KATL
WestWind Airlines

rjlfry

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 07:31:26 am »
I have TG installed no problem with KORD.
PS Cargo parking N10 unconnected to the taxiway, when I try to edit this with ADE Pro and compile you get a runway error and will not compile, if you let ADE fix the error you end up with no jetways at the terminal.

Regards Ray Fry.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:33:59 am by rjlfry »

johnshaw

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 10:05:27 pm »
Thanks Virtuali after looking deeper I had also installed Just Flights Global Traffic,  I wasn't thinking that it would have a seperate Afcad folder for all airports as I haven't used a traffic program for along time.  So I disabled the Traffic Global airports facilities using Lorbys Scenery tool and as soon as KORD loaded all Gates loaded up.  Anyone else wondering if disabling the facilities folder stops global traffic it doesn't it just uses the default afcads that come with bought scenery or Prepar3Ds default scenery.  So you don't need to uninstall Global Traffic.

Thanks again Virtuali Amazing scenery!

Psybear

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 08:38:59 am »
Yes, I can confirm this. I renamed the Traffic Global Airports Facilities folder (won't mention what I renamed it to) :-X and the Jetways are back. Seems Traffic Global forces other AFCADs into O'Hare v2 even if you disable its KORD AFCAD hence the need to rename the entire folder.

C
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

rjlfry

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 11:22:50 am »
I place a copy of my addon airport AFCAD`s in TG  scenery folder and never have a problem, but the problem with KORD is the cargo parking I tried to edit the parking codes to make it more TG friendly and correct the missing link on N10, but when you try to compile the changes it comes up with an error if you correct this you end up with no jetways when you use that AFCAD.
The jetways are tied to the AFCAD which makes impossible to edit the airport. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 01:03:37 pm »
The missing link on the N10 Cargo parking has been fixed with today's Live Update, together with the missing CGO DME.

rjlfry

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 01:32:21 pm »
Cheers will run the updater and have a look.

infiniteq

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 02:40:22 am »
Anyone else noticing their jetways aren't docking with their AI aircraft parked at the gates?

Beat578

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 11:28:05 am »
Anyone else noticing their jetways aren't docking with their AI aircraft parked at the gates?

That has been explained several times: It would kill framerates with GSX with the sode objects. You can read in the GSX forum about why they don't connect.
Beat578