Author Topic: No Sode Jetways in GSX Trial V2 for KORD with P3DV4  (Read 7289 times)

infiniteq

Re: No Sode Jetways in GSX Trial V2 for KORD with P3DV4
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 03:03:17 pm »
Anyone else noticing their jetways aren't docking with their AI aircraft parked at the gates?

That has been explained several times: It would kill framerates with GSX with the sode objects. You can read in the GSX forum about why they don't connect.

Apologies, I'm a little new here, so I didn't realize it had been discussed before.  That seems like a strange reason, considering I have FlightBeam's KSFO with GSX and those jetways dock.  Is there a way to add an option to allow this functionality?  Like let the user control whether or not this feature is activated? Searched through the forums, seems they'd like to add this ability, just awaiting a SODE update. 

I'd like to add - even when I turn the GSX jetways off, via GSX Control Panel, and reboot the sim, the jetways still don't dock.  Loading other airports the functionality works, so just confusing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:09:46 pm by infiniteq »

Beat578

Re: No Sode Jetways in GSX Trial V2 for KORD with P3DV4
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 04:15:26 pm »
Anyone else noticing their jetways aren't docking with their AI aircraft parked at the gates?

That has been explained several times: It would kill framerates with GSX with the sode objects. You can read in the GSX forum about why they don't connect.

Apologies, I'm a little new here, so I didn't realize it had been discussed before.  That seems like a strange reason, considering I have FlightBeam's KSFO with GSX and those jetways dock.  Is there a way to add an option to allow this functionality?  Like let the user control whether or not this feature is activated? Searched through the forums, seems they'd like to add this ability, just awaiting a SODE update. 

I'd like to add - even when I turn the GSX jetways off, via GSX Control Panel, and reboot the sim, the jetways still don't dock.  Loading other airports the functionality works, so just confusing.
That is because on FSDT airports, you always have GSX2 active. It's like a free service (you don't have to buy GSX2 to thave it on FSDT airports) but on the other side comes with said limitations. So There is no way to have AI docking on FSDT airports as far as I know, because they will always use their own GSX System on their airports. I could be wron though, but I thought I read about that somewhere. This is also the reason why you need to Install GSX2 with those new airports, even if you don't own it.
Beat578