Author Topic: CYVR Runway Uss  (Read 4315 times)

rmeier

CYVR Runway Uss
« on: December 03, 2018, 02:24:53 pm »
Umberto,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a change to the AFCAD file for YVR provided it does not cause any objection from any other users?
I used to make these changes myself after your updates to CYVR using ADE; however, recently recompiling the AFCAD file results in loss of the new SODE jetways.

Historically, back in the 1990's, when the second parallel runway (8L/26R) was constructed, there was considerable political pressure on the planned use of that runway, primarily driven by what was, at the time, residential areas along the Bridgeport Road corridor in Richmond (and to a lesser degree, the affluent area along Marine Drive in Vancouver).

Since opening of that runway, operating hours of 8L/26R have been 7:00am to 11:00pm local time. Due to noise concerns, that runway is primarily used for arrivals only. During infrequent planned maintenance on 8R/26L, special exceptions are then granted permitting take-offs on 8L/26R.

The original 8/26 (now 8R/26L) is used primarily for take-offs (and obviously night cargo operations between 11:00pm and 7:00am). Infrequent landings on 8R/26L usually are only observed for South Terminal operations (Pacific Coastal airlines and other infrequent users) and rarely for domestic Westjet/Air Canada operations. Business jets will also primarily be directed to use of the south runway and GA traffic is hardly observed at the YVR airport anymore.

Departures on the cross runway (12/30) are very, very rare while landings on ILS runway 12 can be counted on one hand during the year, primarily only during severe Winter storms.

So my request...

Would it be possible to edit your AFCAD file to reflect 8L/26R for landings only, 8R/26L for departures and disable the use of 12/30 (or restrict 12 to landings only), again, provided this doesn't cause objection from other users?

Thank you for your consideration.

Rob Meier

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CYVR Runway Uss
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 02:45:21 pm »
Would it be possible to edit your AFCAD file to reflect 8L/26R for landings only, 8R/26L for departures and disable the use of 12/30 (or restrict 12 to landings only), again, provided this doesn't cause objection from other users?

We'll look into this.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:54:49 am by virtuali »

rmeier

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 04:26:05 am »
Thank you for considering my request!

Regards, Rob

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 07:29:24 pm »
It's super easy to just change yourself. It just comes down to not letting the Live Update update your work which is also quite easy.

rmeier

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 04:11:21 am »
Hello Dave,
Thank you for your response. As mentioned in my post, I used to change the AFCAD myself...really wasn't an issue for me. My last attempt to update myself resulted in the loss of the SODE jetways...it seemed to me like something had changed with the way ADE reacted with the newer version of CYVR.
If you've been able to modify the AFCAD and get ADE to work with the new SODE jetways, I'd be more than happy to learn what you've done/doing.
Thanks, Rob

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 05:30:59 am »
 Rob, I pm'd you a few days ago, have you seen it?

Xcelsior

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 10:01:38 pm »
I would NOT object to this. 

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 12:13:42 am »