Author Topic: KDFW Updated AFCAD  (Read 5901 times)

Jonald

KDFW Updated AFCAD
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:21:31 am »
Hi,

Is it possible to please update the parking codes on the AFCAD in regards to Terminal 2? At the moment, the parking codes are all AALX. I have updated in the GSX menu but traffic programs like UTLive still go on the AFCAD.
I have updated a few spaces but each time I run the FSDT updater, it will overwrite my ammendments.
At the moment, Terminal 2 is dead!

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Updated AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:29:36 pm »
Is it possible to please update the parking codes on the AFCAD in regards to Terminal 2? At the moment, the parking codes are all AALX.

There's no Terminal 2 at KDFW, since terminals are named A, B, C, D and E. If you meant Terminal B, according to the DFW website:

https://www.dfwairport.com/guide/

Terminal B is used by American Eagle, and this is why all parking spots are flagged with AALX in the scenery, and Terminal A is used by American Airline, and of course all the parking spots there are flagged with AAL in the scenery.

At the moment, Terminal 2 is dead!

It's not supposed to be dead but, instead, full of American Eagle airplanes. Provided, of course, your AI product DOES have American Eagle models and they are properly flagged with AALX themselves in their atc_parking_codes parameters.

Jonald

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 01:20:37 pm »
Thanks for that. I have UTLive so has different IATA codes for each individual airline under American Eagle such as Envoy etc.

Downloaded New FP from AIG and installed into UTLive with AALX code - now Terminal B is a hub of activity!

Thanks

AZWildk4t

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:31:26 am »

Terminal B is used by American Eagle, and this is why all parking spots are flagged with AALX in the scenery, and Terminal A is used by American Airline, and of course all the parking spots there are flagged with AAL in the scenery.

It's not supposed to be dead but, instead, full of American Eagle airplanes. Provided, of course, your AI product DOES have American Eagle models and they are properly flagged with AALX themselves in their atc_parking_codes parameters.

Hi Umberto.

I noticed the gates are not correct based on current configuration I found at: https://www.dfwairport.com/airlines/

So I downloaded ADE 1.75 trying to figure out how to update the AFCAD to reflect the correct parking gates. In ADE, I opened AP_KDFW.bgl and fixed the gate assignments. I then compiled the BGL as KDFW_ADEP4_ADE.bgl and placed this in a folder \AddOn Manager\testing\scenery. I then added this scenery to P3Dv4 and placed it above the FSDT KDFW airport. However, when i go to KDFW, I do not see my changes.

1) Do you know what I need to do to test the scenery changes?
2) If not, can your team correct the gate assignments based on the URL I provided?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:41:10 am »
Don't add a new AFCAD with a different name, because if you do so, you are creating a file conflict. And, by using a different name, you'll lose the GSX customization that comes with the scenery, so you'll have to do it from scratch.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:02:47 pm »
Don't add a new AFCAD with a different name, because if you do so, you are creating a file conflict. And, by using a different name, you'll lose the GSX customization that comes with the scenery, so you'll have to do it from scratch.

Thanks Umberto. I am still having issues with parking especially with Terminal B. The airline codes for all gets have at least AALX and none have AAL. However, I am seeing B737s aircraft in this terminal like Gate B11. I also used the GSX's customize airport positions so all Terminal B gates have AALX and not AAL. I am using Ultimate Traffic Live and configured the AI Traffic so the RJ140 and RJ145 AI aircraft have AALX. I am unsure what I am doing wrong. Maybe I need to change the size of the parking spot.

Any suggestions?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 01:17:32 am »
 You can always just edit the AP_KDFW.bgl with ADE. The biggest impact is the size of the spots. The E145 will only need 11m spots, and the 170/175's will use 14m. After that, you want to ensure that your aircraft have the right parking codes to match your parking.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:54:53 am by Dave_YVR »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 07:43:44 am »
However, I am seeing B737s aircraft in this terminal like Gate B11. I also used the GSX's customize airport positions so all Terminal B gates have AALX and not AAL.

Nothing you change in the GSX parking customization has any effect on AI. Only the AFCAD does.