Author Topic: P3D V4.4 Release Wed.  (Read 4583 times)

rsmith6621a

P3D V4.4 Release Wed.
« on: November 27, 2018, 02:33:48 am »
P3d V4.4 Release Nov.28th

Is this going to cause any issues with FSDT products from the start? Will updates be needed.

https://fselite.net/news/fselite-exclusive-p3d-v4-4-releasing-november-28th-pbr-confirmed/?fbclid=IwAR0_VqqZeLjAwX_b8zpu3RhNam0LeVoFvdoJb_cmeFVQ62ZG88sD51S8sg4

Randy

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: P3D V4.4 Release Wed.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:35:15 am »
  FSDT has always been one of if not the first dev to have their products ready to roll with each version of P3d.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:55:02 am »
We have been using only P3D 4.4 for months now and, of course, everything already works out of the box, with no upgrade required, since we install everything in the proper way (using the add-on.xml file, everything outside the simulator), and since 4.0 came out, we are no longer bound by the precise release build.

So, in relationship with the upcoming upgrade, you can do the cleanest and safest update method ( uninstall the sim, reinstall using the full installer ), and it won't affect any of our products installation.

The ONLY thing you'll have to do, if you have GSX Level 2 installed, is that you'll have to disable the default jetways again using the GSX Control Panel, because updating the sim would restore the default jetways.

This covers the most basic update questions. We'll follow up this post with a subsequent statement, explaining what this new version is really about, clarifying the PBR issue (which seems to be required, reading the first user comments), and what does it means for FSDT products, present and future.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:57:09 am by virtuali »

FireCapt

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 08:16:40 pm »
Thanks for the info , Umberto  ;D

DreamSkywards

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 06:09:56 pm »
...So, in relationship with the upcoming upgrade, you can do the cleanest and safest update method ( uninstall the sim, reinstall using the full installer ), and it won't affect any of our products installation.

I thought it was not really necessary to do a full reinstall? LM themselves suggests the cleanest and least error prone way is individual components.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 12:15:27 pm »
I thought it was not really necessary to do a full reinstall? LM themselves suggests the cleanest and least error prone way is individual components.

It's not necessary, but in this case you might want to install the Content too, since some PBR objects (like the default F-16), are not installed only with the Client. Considering how large the Content installer is, it might be easier to just install with the full installer.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 03:47:09 pm »

It's not necessary, but in this case you might want to install the Content too, since some PBR objects (like the default F-16), are not installed only with the Client. Considering how large the Content installer is, it might be easier to just install with the full installer.

I did end up doing a full reinstall regardless. I wanted a clean backup of P3D and this update gave me the occasion to do so!