Author Topic: Attempting to add GSX2 jetways - can't still have bgl jetways  (Read 4489 times)

bhorv67

Attempting to add GSX2 jetways - can't still have bgl jetways
« on: November 25, 2018, 11:12:35 pm »
After adding the exclude radius check box and compiling from the GSX2 cp, I still have bgl jetways at the gates. How can I turn those off? thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Attempting to add GSX2 jetways - can't still have bgl jetways
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 11:39:53 pm »
You don't say which scenery you are using, and which kind of jetways it uses. If the jetways are static, and are not modeled as independent objects, they cannot be excluded.

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:12:23 pm »
Sorry - I posted this in the KDFW forum......thought that was understood. sim- P3d4.3

The jetways are noted in the GSX CP as 'bgl jetways'. The manual for KDFW doesn't mention anything about SODE that I can find.
After I enable the exclude radius and compile, the original jetways are still present.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 11:25:25 am »
The jetways are noted in the GSX CP as 'bgl jetways'. The manual for KDFW doesn't mention anything about SODE that I can find.  After I enable the exclude radius and compile, the original jetways are still present.

You mean FSDT KDFW ? If yes, they are 100% standard jetways, which can be easily excluded using the normal GSX method of using the control panel. In fact, we were working on the SODE update for KDFW (so you better wait for it), and I had no issues whatsoever creating an exclude file.

I suggest waiting for our upgrade anyway, because we might also update other scenery elements to better fit GSX Level 2.

matthewpow

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 06:10:39 pm »
I know you hate people asking but... How is the update going?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 10:41:15 pm »
I know you hate people asking but... How is the update going?

Nothing new, I'm afraid.

We are very busy updating the whole library of objects with PBR (and making them nicer as well), starting with all the jetways, and this is a big work only we can do, so it must take the highest priority over something that can also be made with the GSX editor.

marknie

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 07:06:11 am »
Sorry - I posted this in the KDFW forum......thought that was understood. sim- P3d4.3

The jetways are noted in the GSX CP as 'bgl jetways'. The manual for KDFW doesn't mention anything about SODE that I can find.
After I enable the exclude radius and compile, the original jetways are still present.

Rename the Jetways.bgl to off in the install scenery directory.   Jetways will be gone and you can add GSX 2 Jetways.
Capn Mark Niebauer