Author Topic: JFK V2 Activation Problem  (Read 6008 times)

Dazzlercee

JFK V2 Activation Problem
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »
Hi,

I am running P3D, I have uninstalled JFK V1 and installed V2.

Everything is present in the AddonManager as expected but when I try to register my serial nothing happens.  I get no window/text box where to enter the serial and the product stays in trial mode.

I also have FSX installed but I have not installed V2 there yet as I plan on deleting the FSX installation. I have uninstalled V1 from FSX.

Any help appreciated.

Daz
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:09:50 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 Activation Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:47:34 pm »
If you don't see the registration dialog:

1) Be sure you run in Windowed mode, not full screen.

2) Be sure another add-on is not "stealing" the focus, so the dialog is forced to go behind the P3D window. This can happen with online flying clients, chat windows, etc.

Dazzlercee

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 10:57:00 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I already run in windowed mode, but I have found the problem.

I was running P3D from SimLauncher (a 3rd party front end) and for some reason this prevented the registration window from displaying.

I have just run from the P3D original shortcut and the registration went through with no problems.

Thanks again, Daz

norbrook

Re: JFK V2 Activation Problem **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 12:56:29 am »
Hello,

I am also having problems activating.  Even though I start Prepar3d in windowed mode, the add on manager still thinks I am in full screen mode.

Yes I have used the FSX to P3D migration tool in the past but rather than reinstall the entire shebang, I would much rather just add the new registry key.

To this end I have tried to add both JFKV2 and KJFKV2 key names to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FSDreamTeam\ with the SerialNumber string containing my new serial.

Neither method seems to work.  Can you assist?

Thanks

Adrian
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:58:08 am by norbrook »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 Activation Problem **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 01:46:56 am »
I am also having problems activating.  Even though I start Prepar3d in windowed mode, the add on manager still thinks I am in full screen mode.

That's a problem caused by the Migration tool

Yes I have used the FSX to P3D migration tool in the past but rather than reinstall the entire shebang, I would much rather just add the new registry key.

If you looked at other similar thread, the issue was the migration tool left some fake FSX.EXE files in the P3D folder, so even if you uninstall it or deactivate it, the problem will continue. You must remove all the offending files, and hopefully your P3D.EXE is still ok.

To this end I have tried to add both JFKV2 and KJFKV2 key names to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FSDreamTeam\ with the SerialNumber string containing my new serial.

You can surely do that too, but the KEY name must be correct, and it's HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FSDreamTeam\JFK V2, *containing* a StringValue named "SerialNumber", which equals to your Serial Number.

Fredericia

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 08:14:56 pm »
Dear sir.

I have been doing some major hardware overhauling, as a matter of fact, I’ve had a complete new computer. I have now followed the guide very carefully, to the point, in order to reinstall KJFK v2. For some odd reason, what happens in my simulator (P3Dv4) is not in accordance to the description in the guide.
I’ll come to the “Choose the reinstall option”, in the guide and the guide shows me a dialog box, but I’m not getting that box in my simulator.
The dialog box in the simulator asks for my serial number….not my order number as shown in the guide...and the “FSDTJFKV2-” is pre typed in the simulators dialog box. I’ve been trying to fill in all the numbers I have ever received from you and I even got some additional numbers from the support page… http://store2.esellerate.net/Store/Support/...to retrieve my receipt but nothing on that one starts with “FSDTJFKV2-”!? So! What to do?

I’m running Win,10, 64 bit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 09:46:51 am »
The dialog box in the simulator asks for my serial number….not my order number as shown in the guide...and the “FSDTJFKV2-” is pre typed in the simulators dialog box. I’ve been trying to fill in all the numbers I have ever received from you and I even got some additional numbers from the support page…

Quoting from our FAQ page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

Where is my Serial Number ?

If you want to know your Serial Number, insert your Order Number and Email, then press the "Submit" button on the Esellerate support site: this will enter inside your Order Page, with option to see your original Email Receipt, that contains also your Serial Number.