Author Topic: Enter gate number?  (Read 1238 times)

disco79stu

Enter gate number?
« on: November 25, 2018, 08:37:08 am »
Didn‘t find anything via search, but is it possible to enter the desired gate by numbers/digits instead of „scrolling“ through the menu?

When I land at large airports, I sometimes have to hit „next“ a dozen times befor I can select i.e. gate 355. that‘s pretty uncomfortable.....

BR
Stu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Enter gate number?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 08:41:08 pm »
It's not possible, since the menu can only hold 10 items at time. Normally, parking gates are grouped by terminal, so you shouldn't see a very long list. In fact, a very long list is what you usually see on the standard Go To Airport menu, and GSX is improving on that, by splitting gates by terminal.

Of course, in order for GSX to be able to group parkings by terminal, they must be grouped in the scenery AFCAD to begin with. If the scenery is made with all parkings under the same group, GSX cannot possibly know how to divide them.

Yes, with our airports we can rearrange the grouping in an entirely different way than what the underlying AFCAD tells us. But this is not accessible to users, because it would be quite a complex interface to create new groups, rearrange them, create special rules to display their names, etc.

It's all possible, but only through scripting language, so it works only at FSDT airports.

If you could tell which airport has hundreds of parkings on the same terminal, maybe we could make a custom config for it.