Author Topic: GSX WILL NOT RE-INSTALL  (Read 2551 times)

westway

GSX WILL NOT RE-INSTALL
« on: November 24, 2018, 07:44:28 pm »
I cannot get my GSX application to re-install, I keep getting error messages indicating ( MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll) is missing, IT IS NOT, both .dll files are located in my System32. So I cannot come up with an answer as to why my GSX won't re-install without these errors constantly popping up. Support is not responding to my request for help nor can I go to a "my account" and redownload a clean application. Any help would be much appreciated.

westway

Re: GSX WILL NOT RE-INSTALL
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 04:32:16 pm »
FSDT SUPPORT DOES NOT EXIST

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 06:10:32 pm »
FSDT support obviously exists, which is clearly proven by the number of my posts.

As usual (it shouldn't even required to stress this), you cannot expect or demand the same famous ultra-fast and efficient support FSDT is known for over the weekends.

The problem, of course, doesn't have anything to do with GSX and there's nothing wrong with the GSX installer. The problem is caused by a problem of the installation of the VC++ 2015 runtimes on your system.

The GSX installer, of course, installs the official MS installer for those runtimes, but while starting the official MS installer is usually enough to have the runtimes working on a system that doesn't have them, it cannot FIX a a problem on a system that has a *problem* with those runtimes.

So, the solution in the case is usually installing the runtimes manually, as explained in the thread aptly named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**":

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

westway

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 08:53:26 pm »
I appreciate your advice however I have already performed all the functions you advised, still my GSX will not install. This particular issue came out of nowhere, GSX had been functioning perfectly until a few days ago.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 08:58:18 pm »
I appreciate your advice however I have already performed all the functions you advised, still my GSX will not install.

That's because you have a problem with the VC++ runtimes that cannot be solved by just running the MS installer from the GSX installer, but requires a manual install, usually after a Windows restart and by doing another restart after installing it.

This particular issue came out of nowhere, GSX had been functioning perfectly until a few days ago.

That's because the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which still requires the same version of the VC++ runtimes it always did, but something in your system must have changed in the meantime.

westway

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 09:37:01 pm »
I want to take a moment to rectify my previous statement, I did in fact locate one file I had neglected to delete as you suggested I do, once that was done and I installed all the files you provided my GSX was once again working and installed. Thank you so much for you help. Can you tell me what was the cause of both files ( MSVC140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll) suddenly disappearing hence causing GSX to fail?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 12:25:46 am »
Can you tell me what was the cause of both files ( MSVC140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll) suddenly disappearing hence causing GSX to fail?

Impossible to say.

There are thousands of software products using those runtimes, and potentially messing up with it so, it can be anything, even not flight-sim related (most likely is not flight-sim related).