Author Topic: Hope to add some features and advices  (Read 2751 times)

XCSWxcsw

Hope to add some features and advices
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:46:32 pm »
Hi,
I am very happy to have such a great product. I have purchased it since the first release of GSX. I have the following suggestions, if it can be achieved, I believe GSX will be even better!

1, More advanced pushback function. Just like the better pushback on X-Plane, you can customize the path to pushback. This can for more accurate pushback.
2, More pushback details. In reality, the pushback car will lift the nose gear and then push back. I believe many people also hope that it can be implemented in GSX.
3, Tractor function, when the aircraft needs to overnight on apron, you need a tractor to pull you from the gate to the overnight apron. Or when your aircraft has a mechanical failure, it needs to be pulled to the apron for repair. This can be more real.
4, Follow me car. The existing Follow me car will force the aircraft to stop or slow down during the meeting with the aircraft. If the airplane is taxiing normally, the Follow me car must take longer distance to turn round. But now the turn round distance is very short, and it will stop to wait for you, and during this time, the aircraft will hit it. It will also be cancelled or leaved for security reasons.

I can only think of this for the time being, and if it is achievable, people will be very happy. Even if Level 3 is released for it, I will buy it without hesitation.

Wish you all the best!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hope to add some features and advices
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:30:23 am »
1, More advanced pushback function. Just like the better pushback on X-Plane, you can customize the path to pushback. This can for more accurate pushback.

This has been discussed so many times already, and "better" pushback is not the way of doing it, because it does it that way, only because it's not advanced enough to figure it how the most common left/right pushback works (like GSX), so it put unnecessary work on the user, by always asking. Instead, we'll do it in the proper way, with that interface a part of the editor, to create only non-standard pushback procedures, and have it save them for future use.

2, More pushback details. In reality, the pushback car will lift the nose gear and then push back. I believe many people also hope that it can be implemented in GSX.

Don't worry, we know *exactly* what is required for a real Pushback...

3, Tractor function, when the aircraft needs to overnight on apron, you need a tractor to pull you from the gate to the overnight apron. Or when your aircraft has a mechanical failure, it needs to be pulled to the apron for repair. This can be more real.

Already discussed so many times on the forum. Already confirmed as planned for the new pushback.

4, Follow me car. The existing Follow me car will force the aircraft to stop or slow down during the meeting with the aircraft. If the airplane is taxiing normally, the Follow me car must take longer distance to turn round. But now the turn round distance is very short, and it will stop to wait for you, and during this time, the aircraft will hit it. It will also be cancelled or leaved for security reasons.

I don't fully understand you. If you follow correctly, the car won't go away. And you can customize its speed from the settings.

XCSWxcsw

Re: Hope to add some features and advices
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 10:31:39 am »
Oh, that will be perfect!! Thank you!

This has been discussed so many times already, and "better" pushback is not the way of doing it, because it does it that way, only because it's not advanced enough to figure it how the most common left/right pushback works (like GSX), so it put unnecessary work on the user, by always asking. Instead, we'll do it in the proper way, with that interface a part of the editor, to create only non-standard pushback procedures, and have it save them for future use.
For this, Some airport push back routes are not usual. Like you must push and tract to end of taxiway or some specific point.

I don't fully understand you. If you follow correctly, the car won't go away. And you can customize its speed from the settings.
For this, I mean, if possible, you can set a vacate point in advance before landing. And follow me car will wait at that point, it can be more coherence.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:35:40 am by XCSWxcsw »