Author Topic: Honolulu p3dv4 crashes  (Read 6957 times)

passicfc

Honolulu p3dv4 crashes
« on: November 19, 2018, 01:45:36 pm »
Hey guys i have a problem with Honolulu airport.
When i enter  zlt. he airport and addon Manager start to load the scenery my sim crashes without any Informations

I could Not find any similar Problems in the Forum i Hope you can help ne

passicfc

Re: Honolulu p3dv4 crashes
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:46:57 pm »
I use p3dv4 latest version
Orbx global +Vector
Ultimate traffic live
Active sky

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:05:39 pm »
I checked PHNL right now, and it doesn't crash. As you already noticed, nobody has ever reported this problem so, it's sure the airport itself is fine.

The issue is likely caused by a scenery in that area, so you are mislead thinking it's PHNL, because it happens there, but only because there's something wrong in that area.

Another reason why users can be mislead a crash it's caused by the airport (it's not), because "it only happens there", it's AI airplanes with corrupted/missing textures and/or AI airplanes originally made for FS9 used in FSX or P3D. And, because of the different schedule, the AI doesn't appear in other airports, so you can be easily misled the airport is at fault, but it isn't.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:11:02 pm by virtuali »

tupues

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 08:44:21 am »
I also have and have had for a long time this same problem. I tried so many things but it keeps crashing. I am a bit clueless frankly.

I can confirm however that it is not the airport, as it works fine without AI.
I am at a loss however which AI it could be as I do not have the problem anywhere else. Thus is would have to be an aircraft that is only found there. I removed all of the MAIW stuff but it still happens. Similarly I deactivated the boat traffic (in the options) as I heard that this does cause issues.
I very much doubt that it would be missing AI textures or old models. These normally won't cause a crash but just display problems with the model itself. As such I don't think I've ever had an occasion where a crash occurred because of AI (with missing textures/old models etc) in my 20 flightsim years...

What would help a lot is if one could compile a list of all aircraft that ever visit the airport and then check all of them one by one. I am not aware of a way of getting that information however... If anyone knows one please come forward!

I am open to what exactly might be causing an issue like this when it comes to AI Traffic...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 11:36:38 pm »
I very much doubt that it would be missing AI textures or old models. These normally won't cause a crash but just display problems with the model itself.

It's very well known that some AI models originally made or converted from FS9 DO make P3D4 crash. This has been confirmed multiple times.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 08:30:39 am »

I very much doubt that it would be missing AI textures or old models. These normally won't cause a crash but just display problems with the model itself. As such I don't think I've ever had an occasion where a crash occurred because of AI (with missing textures/old models etc) in my 20 flightsim years...

I am open to what exactly might be causing an issue like this when it comes to AI Traffic...

It's actually VERY well known that FS9 models can cause CTD's in P3d. When V4 first came out it was super common and wasn't fixed until P3dV4 models were created/converted. I still have folders with ton's of AI that I had built up over the years that aren't yet converted that I know will cause a CTD if used.

tupues

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 01:14:40 pm »
I very much doubt that it would be missing AI textures or old models. These normally won't cause a crash but just display problems with the model itself.

It's very well known that some AI models originally made or converted from FS9 DO make P3D4 crash. This has been confirmed multiple times.

Well knowing that there are some doesn’t really help. It’s clearly none of the MAIW ones and I am a bit at a loss which else it could be as I don’t have the issue anywhere else.

Would you care to elaborate which ones caused problems in your setup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 03:09:19 pm »
You guys with the CTDs have to strategically eliminate this problem. To discover the problem file, it is needed to do a lot of trial and error. Best way is a binary approach, disable half of your sceneries and run the other half. If no ctd occurs, the bug is in the other half.

So next test is half of the these files then and so on. It should lead to the file within a reasonable time. I did this a lot of times and always found the cause.

Alternatively you can search your files for very old files and try these first. Mostly what is older than 10 years is suspected causing problems, certainly files dating before 2006 (FSX was released). An .fx, .cfg, .wav file may not be the problem but rather .bgl, .gau oder .mdl. Also traffic can be disabled first, check if it's boat traffic or aircraft traffic. Mostly not the traffic...bgl is the problem but the simobject called by it. Ai traffic editor has a function to search FS9 traffic files. An FS9 .mdl file can be opened with an editor to see if it's FSX or FS9. It's in the first line, don't know the expression now but it's clearly recognizable.

And yes, make some notes about what you tested, to not loose control, what has been done an what still needs to be done.

Dan

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 09:37:12 am »
It’s clearly none of the MAIW ones and I am a bit at a loss which else it could be as I don’t have the issue anywhere else.

Assuming you are using those MAIW models that have been converted for V4 or you use Matrix then yes, they are ok. MAIW has been around for a very long time and it's only just prior to Matrix that they have started to be V4 friendly. Just on a side note in case you use it, not all of the FLAI package is V4 friendly, there are still a few of those models that aren't converted yet and will cause CTD's.

tupues

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 08:58:03 am »
It’s clearly none of the MAIW ones and I am a bit at a loss which else it could be as I don’t have the issue anywhere else.

Assuming you are using those MAIW models that have been converted for V4 or you use Matrix then yes, they are ok. MAIW has been around for a very long time and it's only just prior to Matrix that they have started to be V4 friendly. Just on a side note in case you use it, not all of the FLAI package is V4 friendly, there are still a few of those models that aren't converted yet and will cause CTD's.

I know that it’s none of them as the CTD still occurs with all of them deactivated. The same applies to the boat traffic which had been a suspect for causing issues. I am wondering what other aircraft may be causing issues.
The problem is to identify who (which ai aircraft) flies to the region and is in the region at the time of the crash. Without this information it is ever so difficult trying to identify the culprit. 

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 05:55:30 pm »
What are you using for AI?

tupues

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 08:04:50 am »
All home made - mostly from alpha India (AIG) with the latest models