Author Topic: KIAH mixed scenery with old terminals and new buildings and missing jetways  (Read 4258 times)

warlord13f

After reinstalling KIAH, I ran into a problem with the scenery. All the scenery is mixed with old and new buildings and the jetways are missing. Is there a step by step fix for this? Attached is jpg of the scenery.

V/R

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Whenever you have default items mixed with an addon scenery, the problem is never the addon scenery itself, but it's always caused by another scenery in conflict. That's why you cannot fix it by reinstalling KIAH, since the problem is not KIAH, but another conflicting scenery.

The most common causes for conflicts are the AFCADs ( .BGL files ) supplied with AI Traffic packages like TrafficX, etc. You must remove the affected file if you have an addon airport.

You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility to search for AFCAD duplicates.

warlord13f

Will the scanner work with P3D v4.3?

V/R

Chris

warlord13f

I have figured out the problem. When I loaded P3D, I decided to check the add-on tab at the bottom. I was looking at the add-ons that I have and I noticed that the FSDT KIAH was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted my sim, I loaded up KIAH and now everything works fine. That is was caused the duplicate scenery of old and new. Please make sure the FSDT scenery is enabled in the add-on section.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Please make sure the FSDT scenery is enabled in the add-on section.

Yeah, it's usually a good idea to have your scenery enabled for it to work.  :P