Author Topic: GSX Gate Dialog changes Numbers  (Read 3146 times)

torsten

GSX Gate Dialog changes Numbers
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:47:26 am »

why is GSX Chnging the numbers in the GSX Select Gate Dialog?

I am controlling GSX via sending Keypresses from a extern Program.
So it is a bit irritating that the numbers are changing at every site of the Dialog.

At first Page "Next.." is number 8
At the next Page then 9, here "Previos..." is number 2 ???
at the next Page then 0, here is "Previos..." number 3 ???
then it starts from the beginning with 8, then 9 and again 0, Previos is number 1

possible to change that that we have at all sites the same number of gates ( when we have more then one site of gates )

1 should be "Previos" and 0 should be "Next..."

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Gate Dialog changes Numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:46:24 pm »
why is GSX Chnging the numbers in the GSX Select Gate Dialog?

GSX is not changing anything. It will ALWAYS use 1 for "--->Previous Page" and 0 for "<---Next Page" and this will never change, and will ALWAYS reply to such key presses, even if they are not shown.

The reason why they are not shown, it's because your Simconnect menu window is too small to contain all the items, but of course it can be resized with the mouse. Sometimes it just resizes itself when a new airplane is loaded. The position and size of this window is entirely out of our control.

When the Simconnect menu is too small to contains all the items, the simulator ITSELF will automatically add a "Next..." and "Previous..." entries, so you can scroll the menu for the missing items. These are NOT the same as the ones added by GSX ( they read "--->Previous Page" or "<---Next Page" NOT "Previous" or "Next) and they don't respond to a keypress.

So, you simply have to be sure the Simconnect window is large enough to contain all required items, which can be 10 at most.

See this post on Avsim, which offers some suggestions how to change the menu size permanently:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/495715-change-the-default-size-of-the-menu-windows-in-p3dv34/?do=findComment&comment=3489018

torsten

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 06:29:11 pm »
Ahh, i never tried the 0 for Next Pge if it is not shown.
I will try the avsim solution...

Thanks

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 01:21:17 pm »
Thank  you, Umberto.

All this time I've been using GSX and I never even knew we could resize that window just like all of the others.

I never even bothered to try...  :-[
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.