Author Topic: FSX only shows gates after purchase of FS9 version  (Read 6098 times)

vivalasvegas

FSX only shows gates after purchase of FS9 version
« on: June 24, 2009, 04:05:51 am »
Hello:

I recently purchased KLAS for FS9 and it looks great!  I then decided to download and install the version for FSX on the same PC with my FS9 installation.  Unfortunately all I see are the gates; no terminal.  I thought that since I had already purchased the FS9 product that the FSX product would load up automatically as activated scenery. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for your help!
vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX only shows gates after purchase of FS9 version
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:22:27 am »
If you don't see any buildings, it doesn't have anything to do with activation. If there are activation problems, the scenery will not disappear, it will run perfectly in Trial mode.

If you don't see the buildings, not even for 6 minutes, it's not an activation problem, but something wrong in your FSX or in Windows that is preventing the software to run.

- Do you have the Addon Manager menu under "Addons" ?
- Do you have the "Couatl Powered plugins" under "Addons" ?

Have you got the request from FSX to Trust those two modules at start ? If yes, did you replied "Yes" to both questions ?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:24:11 am by virtuali »

vivalasvegas

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 05:14:10 pm »
I answered yes to both questions regarding Trust.  Under trusted in fsx.cfg I saw 2 new entries one for couatl1.exe and another for a file called bglmanx.dll.  Under addons I have FSUIPC and addon manager.  There is no entry for Couatl powered plugin.  Maybe thats the problem??  How can I fix it?

Thanks again!
vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 07:31:29 pm »
Under trusted in fsx.cfg I saw 2 new entries one for couatl1.exe and another for a file called bglmanx.dll

Please, confirm you are seeing an entry for couatl1.exe, which is wrong, and not couatl.exe, which should be the correct one.

There is no entry for Couatl powered plugin.  Maybe thats the problem??  How can I fix it?

Yes, of course. You need to have both menu working. Are you using an antivirus ? If yes, configure it to ignore the couatl.exe file under the fsdreamteam\couatl folder, or (if possible) the whole FSX folder.

vivalasvegas

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 03:49:07 am »
I got the scenery to work by uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  I also made sure I answered yes to the trusted software stuff.  I set my antivirus software to ignore the entire FSX folder.  I am not sure what happened, but it appears to be working now.

Thanks for your support!  :)
vivalasvegas

vivalasvegas

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 04:18:01 am »
Wow, what a difference a day makes!!  I loaded up FSX and KLAS this morning and no buildings or terminal again!!!  I am not sure what is happening other than I am very frustrated!  I tried to uninstall and reinstall the FSX version again, but this time it did not work.  I have answered every question with a YES and made my whole FSX folder trusted software and still no buildings.

Since I like to FLY rather than TROUBLESHOOT I have decided to uninstall the KLAS airport for now and maybe some day when I can regain my patience I will try again.  Fortunately for me I bought the FS9 version and FS9 is my primary simulator.  I don't spend much time with FSX with all its little glitches so I guess I will be happy for now.  If FSX was my primary sim and I bought the FSDT KLAS scenery I would definitely be asking for a refund.

Thanks again for your help and good luck resolving other users FSX issues!

Vivalasvegas (for FS9 only for now)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 11:13:55 am »
I'm sorry but, the scenery it's obviously the same so, if it worked yesterday, it should work today. If it doesn't, something else has changed in your system.

Are you sure that your antivirus is ignoring the FSX folder ? And, are you sure that when your antivirus is ignoring a folder, it automatically ignores everything, including subfolders ? If you aren't, try to specifically exclude the bglmanx.dll files in the FSX root folder, and the Couatl.exe files in the FSX\Fsdreamteam\Couatl folder.

Also, if the scenery doesn't work at the first try after you just trusted the modules, this is normal and it's a known FSX problem. DON'T uninstall and reinstall, just launch FSX again and, eventually, reboot Windows once.