Author Topic: preselecting gate??  (Read 3358 times)

torsten

preselecting gate??
« on: November 18, 2018, 12:29:14 am »
i know i am new in gsx, but even wen, i have questions.

reading the manual, i found a option to preselect the arrival gate to save time after landing.

But one question...when is the time, a pilot is most bussy?
Yes , during the TakeOff and Arrival.
But that is the only Time i can preselect a Gate for arrival. I can not understand the logic here.

Is there no other way to make it possible to preselect a Gate?
Some ideas could be for pilots who have a flightplan loaded in fs, gsx can take the arrival airport from there.
Another idea is to save a easy textfile with the ICAO code.
Maybe entering the ICAO via a text entry, like the pax number.

All that is better, then selecting the Gate during the most bussy time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: preselecting gate??
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:57:43 pm »
You can preselect the gate whenever you want, but you must be reasonably close to the destination airport, not necessarily during landing. I think you must be within 30 NM of the airport.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 05:53:10 pm »
I think you must be within 30 NM of the airport.

You THINK that ?? Nice :-)

But even 30NM around a Airport can be soo much other Airports located.  Then i have to select between soo uch other Airports. Why making it soo complicted ?

Just ask if a Flightplan is loaded ( the FSUIP offset 0x0130 knows the name and other offsets knows departure and destination )
or if not look for a easy text file in the GSX directory or another directory , maybe Addon Files or something
or if there is no file, then ask the User for the ICAO code.

That is much less work for GSX and is much better for the Pilot to set up the gate.

Even in 30NM i have other things to do , especil if you fly with online ATC.

Overall you are not very Userfriendly in all aspects !

Eisbahn

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 11:42:48 am »
A member since 13th November. 12 posts already and every one of them full of complaints and arrogant remarks.
Just the sort of person we need on the forum.

torsten

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 06:06:33 pm »
A member since 13th November. 12 posts already and every one of them full of complaints and arrogant remarks.
Just the sort of person we need on the forum.

but just read the forum since the beginning of GSX and just a Member who says the Truth and not like you saying YES to everything
and taking over my Thread for your Post without relating to the opening Title

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 12:26:11 am »
Just ask if a Flightplan is loaded ( the FSUIP offset 0x0130 knows the name and other offsets knows departure and destination )

There's obviously no need to use FSUIPC, which we don't require, when Simconnect has the ability to read the flight plan. That's not the issue.

The issue is that, this is a really minor thing, which is not even a bug, since the program obviously works just fine as it is, and by losing our time with such really minor things that don't add much to the product, we won't have any time left to do the real stuff, like updating ALL the objects with new graphic, making a new pushback, making passengers walks to terminals, etc.

torsten

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 06:24:54 pm »
for sure, that is correct.

but an you pls put that at a list for a later update?