Author Topic: JFK crashes my computer everytime.  (Read 5417 times)

jpadron09

JFK crashes my computer everytime.
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:16:52 am »
Every time I use JFK whether it's a departure or landing it always crashed my computer. No other airport does that. Is there anything I can fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK crashes my computer everytime.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 01:34:56 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with JFK, the airport. It's likely caused by a scenery in that area, so you are mislead thinking it's JFK, because it happens there, but only because there's something wrong in that area.

Another reason why users can be mislead a crash it's caused by the airport (it's not), because "it only happens there", it's AI airplanes with corrupted/missing textures and/or AI airplanes originally made for FS9 used in FSX or P3D. And, because of the different schedule, the AI doesn't appear in other airports, so you can be easily misled the airport is at fault, but it isn't.

freded

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 12:35:33 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with JFK, the airport. It's likely caused by a scenery in that area, so you are mislead thinking it's JFK, because it happens there, but only because there's something wrong in that area.

Another reason why users can be mislead a crash it's caused by the airport (it's not), because "it only happens there", it's AI airplanes with corrupted/missing textures and/or AI airplanes originally made for FS9 used in FSX or P3D. And, because of the different schedule, the AI doesn't appear in other airports, so you can be easily misled the airport is at fault, but it isn't.
Hi virtuali,

I note your remarks about crashes at KJFK being caused by faulty/FS9 AI aircraft.

I have carried out a few experiments to try and find the cause of these KJFK-crashes in my system.

I renamed all the AI aircraft files/folders that I could find in P3D (to stop them loading) and prevented Ultimate Traffic 2 from loading with P3D. Also set all P3D sliders for Options/Settings/Traffic to zero.

I then restarted P3D and placed the default aircraft (F22 Raptor) at Gate C831 in KJFK.

P3D loaded perfectly and ran perfectly, showing all the scenery, and no AI aircraft are visible in Top Down view ... Until I un-Paused it. Then, after 10 seconds, it crashed.

So I am no closer to fixing this problem. I should mention that I have un-installed and re-installed both KJFK and P3D itself to eliminate the possibility of corrupted installations.

I welcome your comments!
Regards,

Mark

freded

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 01:37:08 am »
Hi virtuali,

See my posting under 'JFK Crashing'.

Deleting the .WX files has cured the problem.

Regards and thanks,

Mark
Regards,

Mark

PDamGail

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 11:02:07 am »
Hi Mark,
I'm currently having the same issue.
Could you please let me know which .WX files did you delete?
I'll give it a try.
Thank you,
Pierre.

trisho0

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 12:04:36 am »
FSX sim gets CTD when I am getting closer to approach in KJFK. I found from FSDT KJFK v2 scenery folder maybe 2 AFCAD files? They are appr_KJFK.BGL and KJFK_FSDT.BGL and I guess it should be only one Afcad? Not sure if I have to keep both.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 06:14:10 pm »
FSX sim gets CTD when I am getting closer to approach in KJFK. I found from FSDT KJFK v2 scenery folder maybe 2 AFCAD files? They are appr_KJFK.BGL and KJFK_FSDT.BGL and I guess it should be only one Afcad? Not sure if I have to keep both.

One AFCAD is the airport, the other are the approaches, it's entirely normal to have both. We surely don't install conflicting files on purpose...