Author Topic: Rwy markings  (Read 4908 times)

skimmer

Rwy markings
« on: June 22, 2009, 09:12:27 pm »
I have FSX/acc. On KFLL and only KFLL the runway ID numbers do not appear untill within 1000 ft. Note the pics. One is KORD from 4000 ft. and they show well as they do from all other airports. The last fix attempt I did was to uninstall whole KFLL and addon manger and download both new from the products page and install,but the same thing happens. I tried different sceanery settings but that didnt do it either and all other airports work. I might add that there are no other problems,that are not covered in this forum. No one else has indicated this so someone take a look please and any feedback would be nice.  THANKYOU. PS the pic with 14R is of course KORD

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rwy markings
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:00:47 pm »
I have FSX/acc. On KFLL and only KFLL the runway ID numbers do not appear untill within 1000 ft.

That's not a bug, and it's entirely intentional. It's a fps optmization, and it's different from KORD, because KORD has a more default runway texture, so the markings appearance is handled by FSX, KFLL has more custom elements, that we switch off over a certain altitude, in order to get the best possible fps when it matters: on final.

skimmer

Re: Rwy markings
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:21:13 am »
I thought that was the reason but just wanted to make sure. Thankyou for quick and accurate reply. Great job on KFLL.