Author Topic: "Active but not installed Scenery Library" for all FSDT airports  (Read 9361 times)

pcmelody1209

"Active but not installed Scenery Library" for all FSDT airports
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:11:07 am »
I bought FSDT GSX and airports (KLAX, KORD, KMEM, KJFK, KDFW and Zurich) for FSX before and now would like to install those to P3Dv4. But after the installation to P3Dv4, message “Active but not installed in Scenery Library” show in addon manager for all FSDT airports, except GSX 1 is active and GSX 2 is in trail mode. I tried uninstall/reinstall dozen times but no work. Deleted/replaced bglmanx_fsdt.dat still changes nothing. Antivirus and firewall were off during the installation.

Curious thing is P3Dv4 can detect FSDT airports in add-ons and sceneries (in grey line), but addon manager cannot. When I deactivate those airports in addon manager, uninstall and reinstall again, the status in addon manager shows “Not installed in scenery library”, not in trial mode. I think something wrong in addon manager.

Please advise any solution can solve the issue, thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Active but not installed Scenery Library" for all FSDT airports
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:30:32 pm »
If you had the sceneries installed in FSX before, it's best if you uninstall them all, and download all their new installers, which are compatible with both FSX and P3D4.

pcmelody1209

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 03:26:46 pm »
As I installed both versions of the airports in one addon manager, it would be all deleted when I uninstall them. I also checked all FSDT airports and addon manager in both FSX and P3Dv4 were erased before I reinstalled them back with latest installer. I even only install P3Dv4 version back to identify the problem. But, there's nothing change in P3Dv4.

I have no idea how to handle this.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:36:37 pm by pcmelody1209 »

pcmelody1209

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 02:24:24 pm »
I uninstall all FSDT products for both P3Dv4 and FSX, and try to reinstall GSX and KLAX. About the problem, the attached files could be self-explanatory.
FSX can find the installation in Scenery Library. (FSX.jpg)
Addon manager shows the product is Active in FSX, and the airport works OK. (Addon manager FSX.jpg)
P3Dv4 can find the installation in Scenery Library in gray. (P3Dv4.jpg)
But most buildings are missing..... (P3Dv4-2.jpg)
Addon manager shows "Active but not installed in Scenery Library" in P3Dv4 (Addon manager P3Dv4.jpg)

Could you identity what's the reason causes? and the suggestion?
Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 02:27:00 pm »
Could you identity what's the reason causes? and the suggestion?

It's possible you have a problem with your P3D registry keys. Have you used some kind of Migration tool ? Have you moved P3D after the installation ?

pcmelody1209

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 01:37:10 pm »
I do a pure installation without any migration tool. P3D directory is not changed, either.
Can registry key can be deleted or reset?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 02:09:12 pm »
Can registry key can be deleted or reset?

Only by manually editing the registry, if you know *exactly* what you are doing. Or, by reinstalling P3D, which is the safest way.

Gegels

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 05:39:11 pm »
Hi Guys,

I bought several FSDT products and use them for quite a while now, without any complications.

However, I moved over a to a new system a few days ago and did a clean reinstallation of GSX, Level 1+2 KIAH and KLAX.

When I launched my P3D for he first time, I noticed that my airports where not correctly displayed as there where no ground textures at all. By taking a look into the Add-On-Manager dialog, I just noticed, that it’s description changed it „active, but not installed into the scenery library“. As a matter of fact I tried to find a solution by following the suggested steps in the forum section (everyone I could find) without seeing a difference.

So it would just be great, if your team could provide me a quick solution (maybe a screenshare) on  this, so I could continue flying out of those airports.

Best regards and thanks in advance!
Georg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 01:42:19 pm »
So it would just be great, if your team could provide me a quick solution (maybe a screenshare) on  this, so I could continue flying out of those airports.

This thread provided several solutions. You don't see which version of the sim you use, so it's almost impossible to help you.

Gegels

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 01:53:30 pm »
Hi Umberto,

sorry, if I was a bit unclear on that topic. I'm using P3D 4.5 Hotfix 1 with a 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.

I was trying to uninstall and reinstall my FSDT product allready, inclouding turning Windows Defender off, as well as adding an exclusion plus checkin the product status in the Add-on Manager and add-ons xml. It seems to be allright but the scenery itself is not activated at all, just registered.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 01:59:09 pm »
Do you see the scenery in the Options->Addon menu and the Scenery Library ?

Gegels

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 02:11:31 pm »
yep. I've added some screenshots to be sure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 02:22:36 pm »
Try this:

- exit the sim and run the FSDT Live Update

- check if the airport cache is being rebuilt on the next start and, more importantly, check if you have errors.

Gegels

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 02:24:23 pm »
right. It's re building with sucsess within 2 seconds.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 05:59:57 pm »
Ok, I see you have the Documents folder on OneDrive. Are you able to test without it ?