Author Topic: Belt loaders go erraticaly under plane  (Read 10983 times)

cjreed

Re: Belt loaders go erraticaly under plane
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 02:26:32 pm »
Hi there, I’ve run some test flights today and found the following:

Baggage loading vehicles drive from the right to the left (around the rear of the aircraft, approach the fuselage from the left, pass through the fuselage, and spin around to line up with the forward and rear baggage exits on the right side.

a) this happens on arrivals only.
b) this happens on flights between default airports
c) this happens when the aircraft (Aerosoft Airbus A319CFM) has no customisations (I.e. the config panel says It’s from the “GSX database”) and there’s no fsx.cfg for the aircraft.

So it seems there may get be an issue with the Exit config information for the Aerosoft A319CFM stored in the GSX database, but not sure if that is accessible/editable.

Hope that helps,
Chris.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 02:33:23 pm by cjreed »

cjreed

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 12:37:42 am »
Just to add...

I repeated the same flight scenario (LFBL to LFBI) - both default airports, with stock afcad in the Aerosoft A320CFM Professional and the PMDG 737-800WL NGX.

Both aircraft also showed the same baggage cart issues on arrival at stock LFBI as described earlier. Fore and Aft stairs, marshaller and pax busses behaved normally.

Cheers,
Chris.

kitty.hawk

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »
And I wonder why the belt loader leaves always three suitcases on the trolly when loading.

sw34669

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 07:43:12 pm »
This unusual movement of vehicles, driving up to the wrong side of the aircraft, passing underneath/through it and then spinning around happens with multiple aircraft (i.e, Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 777LRX), so I doubt it's the Aircraft configuration.

I never said "it's the aircraft configuration". It's a COMBINATION of many factors, which all can contribute to this issue, which are:

- The parking position in the AFCAD

- The other parking nodes nearby in the AFCAD

- Your actual parking position

- The parking radius, which can be customized in GSX

- The parking positions, which can be customized in GSX

- The vehicles starting positions, which can be customized in GSX

- The aircraft configuration, which can be customized in GSX

Many thanks for the tips here Umberto.

Could you recommend a location (airport/gate) preferably default scenery, which you know works fine.

I can then review the attributes of the places where I see issues and understand how to correct them. Perhaps one of the scenarios FSDT have used for GSX testing?

I would like to do some analysis of this issue in different scenarios, so some simple test cases would be awesome.

Kind Rgds,
Chris.

this is the problem though ..... there isn't. I see this on and off at many airports and there has been some discussion on other threads about the different states we use GSX in (new scenario, loaded scenario, departure, arrival, second departure/arrival in same session etc).

For example, today I was visiting KGPI .... perfectly good and ok AFCAD I land taxi to the gate (^J gate) and hit debaording (with auto services ticked in the GSX options). Pax start to de-plane, front luggage cart moves into position rear one just sits there (ive given up on another thread asking about this with the pmdg 737-800) .... boarding pax ends but baggage stalled at 50%.

I have to reset GSX from the ctrl f12 menu. Lets watch that again, I select de-boarding .... this time both front and rear loaders do their job and when finished fuel and snacks arrive and leave .... all is good, no driving through aircraft.

I save and exit p3d 4.4 and re-open the scenario and hit ...... boarding .... now the baggage carts drive through the plane .... they didnt do that before.

I have seen the same at my home airport, at the same stand, when boarding and de-boarding you see GSX vehicles going through the plane, restarting GSX changes them to behave ok.

For me, this is a very easy thing to re-produce as I see the rear bagge belt and aircraft collision issue every time I use GSX. What I notice most are that the issues do not have a pattern of certain airports or stands as you can see it working and not working at the same stand/airport.

After a good few weeks of fiddling I am unable to find a location / gate where 1 run of GSX boarding or de-boarding produces the same result . ie it completed the phases with as few aircraft/GSX vehicle collions as possible.

Most of the time I fly without the add-on manager loaded now and with GSX disabled i get better performance and dont waste time constantly trying to work out what GSX is doing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 01:22:15 pm »
For example, today I was visiting KGPI .... perfectly good and ok AFCAD I land taxi to the gate (^J gate) and hit debaording (with auto services ticked in the GSX options). Pax start to de-plane, front luggage cart moves into position rear one just sits there (ive given up on another thread asking about this with the pmdg 737-800) .... boarding pax ends but baggage stalled at 50%.

That's not nearly enough information to even being *thinking* about investigating on it. As I've said in my previous message, you must be far more precise in your report:

- Is this a default scenery ? If yes, please say so.

- If it's a default scenery, have you used a custom AFCAD ? If yes, please say so and possibly post the modified AFCAD you use.

- It's not a default scenery  ? If yes, please clearly identify the scenery, if it's not commercial, indicate where it can be downloaded.

And, of course, it will be MUCH easier for us to find an issue if you could provide with a situation we replicate easily, for example using a default airplane on a default or an FSDT scenery.

Airmaz1

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 12:16:40 am »
I can also confirm this bug, happens on arrival when the de boarding option is selected.
Happens at default airports and third party airports, even when using the stock GSX vehicle positions without editing them in any way.
I can't say whether this affects stock aircraft as p3dv4 doesn't come with any jetliners, however in earlier builds this issue didn't exist and has been introduced in one of the updates.

Aircraft used..

PMDG 777
PMDG 737
Majestic dash 8 q400
Skysim MD11

I have tried editing vehicle positions and parking areas but it's still the same, belt loaders AND cargo loaders are erratic on ARRIVAL when de boarding is requested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 09:57:52 am »
belt loaders AND cargo loaders are erratic on ARRIVAL when de boarding is requested.

Do you mean then work normally, on the same airport/airplane/gate/position on departure ? Does a Restart Couatl after landing solves the problem ?

Airmaz1

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 07:27:35 pm »
Sorry what I mean is I'll load cargo and passengers at departure they work fine and follow correct path, then I fly to another airport land and taxi to gate or ramp, then select deboard and that when the cargo loaders become erratic.

I've not tried a turn around flight to see what happens if you select boarding again after de boarding if that's what you mean.

(Edit) Ok restarting coulti on arrival fixes the erratic belt loaders, a work around until fix.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:38:24 pm by Airmaz1 »

sw34669

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 02:59:15 am »

That's not nearly enough information to even being *thinking* about investigating on it. As I've said in my previous message, you must be far more precise in your report:

- Is this a default scenery ? If yes, please say so.

- If it's a default scenery, have you used a custom AFCAD ? If yes, please say so and possibly post the modified AFCAD you use.

- It's not a default scenery  ? If yes, please clearly identify the scenery, if it's not commercial, indicate where it can be downloaded.

And, of course, it will be MUCH easier for us to find an issue if you could provide with a situation we replicate easily, for example using a default airplane on a default or an FSDT scenery.

just to be clear, I have seen this problem at default, un-edited airports in p3d v4.4. I also see it at add-on airports that have not had their afcads edited. I try and not edit afcads unless i really need to fix something thats broken.

Tonight, landed at UK2000 default EGPF, taxi to gate 18 where i have made a glass gsx2 gate. Park, hit deboarding and the front belt loader moves in an dthe rear one doesnt. I hit reset GSX ... wait , start de-boarding again, both baggage belts move in. My rear baggage cart issue started after the last release. I had never seen this before. I regressed p3d to 4.3 and still get the same. I dont know what situations would stop a baggage cart from moving in, then, on reset with nothing else changed then work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 11:55:19 am »
I dont know what situations would stop a baggage cart from moving in, then, on reset with nothing else changed then work.

We don't know either, but the fact it happens only on Reset seems the only thing we have to check for right now.

airbadger

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 10:29:29 pm »
 So are we any closer to getting a fix? This happens to me at just about every airport, and whether I'm using the PMDG 777/747 or the FSL 320/319.

Roberto-53

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 11:26:45 pm »
I don't know if this can be of any help.

After landing, calling the debording the following is appening randomly.

1) unloaders move all around the plane before reaching the cargo doors.
2) docking menu for level 2 jetways does not display
3) static level 2 jetways is not removed when the sode one gets connected.

The above is appening ONLY is I preselect the parking gate during the flight.

If I run a couatl restart the debording is working without the above problems.

Regards

Roberto

AFS

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 06:45:22 pm »
Hello Umberto, if it helps you:

1) The problem never existed in GSX.
2) The problem arose in GSX2 only after the approach direction of the tanker was changed. Before that everything went normal.
3) Prior to this "improvement", it never happened that the belt loaders passed through the catering vehicles. That happens now too.

And, it does not matter which airport it is. Whether standard, third party addon or made-to-own. The effect is always the same. So it has nothing to do with the existing AFCADs.
These are always problems after landing at an airport. But if you restart the Coutl engine in between - before unloading - the problem does not occur.

It seems that GSX (2) has a problem with locating and the process tracing - otherwise the beltloader could not pass through the catering vehicles.
Obviously here is the process - wait until the catering is complete (which was quite normal in GSX) - ignored to "reduce time".

Maybe you should - as a test - take back this change once.

best regards

sw34669

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2019, 03:16:56 am »
I've been seeing these issues also across pmdg and fslabs a320
I also have the strange issue that sometimes the rear cargo loader doesn't move, ever
If I restart coutl on landing i never see these issues
I am using your great auto setting that kicks all the services off

Umberto if it would help I'm sure everyone on this thread would collect some logging with some screenshots of what we're seeing if it would help. Not everyone has this issue but I see the following 3 things happen without fail if I don't restart coutl before boarding or debargring :-
1) Rear baggage belt sits there and doesn't move
2) Vehicles driving through each other and the aircraft
3) Boarding and de-boarding pax never finishes. don't know if this is a threshold thing if a passenger passes out just after entering the door and doesn't make it into the cabin but you hear the boarding background sounds but boarding never finishes and a reset is needed. I have seen this on default airports, add ons and gsx2 modded gates. I have seen it on pmdg and fslabs aircraft.

What do we need to collect that would help you .

** Did the following test in fslabs A320
Saved flight just before landing in ENGM
landed , taxi to sode gate 26 requested de-board
pax start to deboard
baggage ok
service vans and fuel truck drive through each other on approach both service vans drive faster through the fuel truck ahead
services leave
infinite boarding just runs, countdown has finished but can hear background deboarding noises and menu states de-boarding pax

re-loaded this scenario twice ....... same gate and outcome as above

re-loaded and before getting to the gate reset coutl

de-boarding perfect and no driving through each other or infinite boarding

re-loaded scenario one last time and tested without resetting and had vehicle collisions and infinite de-boarding

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:41:47 pm by sw34669 »

airbadger

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 11:47:46 pm »
So are we any closer to getting a fix? This happens to me at just about every airport, and whether I'm using the PMDG 777/747 or the FSL 320/319.

One month later, same question...