Author Topic: Belt loaders go erraticaly under plane  (Read 10986 times)

Midnight Music

Belt loaders go erraticaly under plane
« on: November 12, 2018, 03:35:45 pm »
It looks very strange and wrong, but when I pull up to park in my PMDG 737 or Airbus , the belt loaders are correctly waiting to the right of the plane and the stairs to the left. Once I park and request deboarding, the stairs move up to the doors properly, but the belt loaders proceed to circle around the plane to the left and then go under the plane before lining up properly to the right at the cargo holds. I don't understand why the belt loaders don't just proceed directly to the cargo doors. They then reverse that same erratic behaviour when leaving. Is this a setting I need to adjust or is there a fix needed?

I'm on P3D V4

Lee

crauds

Re: Belt loaders go erraticaly under plane
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 06:23:58 pm »
Had the same issue with NGX a couple of times using FSX since the GSX L2 update.  I have not noticed it on other aircraft so far.  I will  screen capture next time I fly NGX if it happens again.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:54:33 pm »
Does it happen only when arriving at a destination ? Does Restarting Couatl fix the problem ?

Midnight Music

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:21:06 pm »
It happens when arriving at any airport. Couatl restart does not change it.

Lee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:33:01 pm »
It happens when arriving at any airport

Does this means it doesn't happen with departing ?

Couatl restart does not change it.

I meant: restarting before landing. Have you tried that ?

Midnight Music

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 01:42:35 am »
I have not. I have not done loading before take off at this time, only deboarding at arrival.

Lee

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 03:18:10 am »
Not sure if it’s just me, when I click “Deboarding” both vehicles came to the plane’s baggage’s but once completed, they both leaves the planes. I didn’t even click “request to board”. I find this strange. Anyone of you are experiencing the same?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 02:34:55 pm »
Not sure if it’s just me, when I click “Deboarding” both vehicles came to the plane’s baggage’s but once completed, they both leaves the planes. I didn’t even click “request to board”. I find this strange. Anyone of you are experiencing the same?

This is not an error, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19620.msg135703.html#msg135703

cjreed

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 06:32:07 pm »
It looks very strange and wrong, but when I pull up to park in my PMDG 737 or Airbus , the belt loaders are correctly waiting to the right of the plane and the stairs to the left. Once I park and request deboarding, the stairs move up to the doors properly, but the belt loaders proceed to circle around the plane to the left and then go under the plane before lining up properly to the right at the cargo holds. I don't understand why the belt loaders don't just proceed directly to the cargo doors. They then reverse that same erratic behaviour when leaving. Is this a setting I need to adjust or is there a fix needed?

I'm on P3D V4

Lee

Hi there, I see the same thing with the GSX baggage trucks and the Aerosoft Airbus A319 Professional in P3Dv4.4

For me, it happens on both departures and arrivals.

Kind Rgds,
Chris.

sw34669

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 09:21:48 pm »

since the last few versions of GSX I see the same and have been reporting

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19744.msg137155.html#msg137155

All airports, mixture of SODE gates, ^J gates and my own home made GSX2 gates

If each vehicle knows where it is, then it knows where the other GSX vehicles and the user aircraft so they should be able to at least avoid those collisions.

I had a look on a friends machine (same stack as me) ... exactly the same.

I also have problems with boarding and deboarding that never completes on the PMDG 737-800

We seem to be in a churn of constant beta code

Airmaz1

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 10:49:28 pm »
I'm getting the same problem with my PMDG 737 777 and my Majestic dash 8, always seems to happen on arrival, seems intermittent, some time they drive straight to the plane and load normally, other times they drive to the wrong side of the plane drive under it then spin on the spot to align with the doors, same thing happens with cargo loaders.

I'll try and get a video of it next time it happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 01:49:01 pm »
If each vehicle knows where it is, then it knows where the other GSX vehicles and the user aircraft so they should be able to at least avoid those collisions.

As explained so many times already on the forum, each vehicle knows only its own position, because if we tried to make each vehicle aware of all the others, we would have to spam the simulator with so many commands, at each frame, that you will then complain about GSX causing stuttering. So, we had to do with checking only at specific times, and having delays. 

And, as explained so many times already in the forum, lots of issues of vehicles doing strange turns, can be fixed by changing their starting position on the parking.

In addition to that, trying to do vehicles aware of each other and automatically wait for each other, would introduce a whole new category of problems, like traffic deadlock, especially on the 3rd party aiports, which are usually made with little not no attention to ground vehicle movements (sometimes they miss the vehicle paths entirely),

cjreed

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 11:52:10 pm »
This unusual movement of vehicles, driving up to the wrong side of the aircraft, passing underneath/through it and then spinning around happens with multiple aircraft (i.e, Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 777LRX), so I doubt it's the Aircraft configuration. I've also noticed the pushback tug flip around under the aircraft and push the plane from behind the nose wheel!!!

If the door is on the left side of the centreline, surely the vehicle should approach from the left.

I think all this weirdness started happening around the time GSX 2 came out.

I am interested in getting GSX2; but not unless GSX1 starts behaving.

Cheers,
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 09:33:07 am »
This unusual movement of vehicles, driving up to the wrong side of the aircraft, passing underneath/through it and then spinning around happens with multiple aircraft (i.e, Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 777LRX), so I doubt it's the Aircraft configuration.

I never said "it's the aircraft configuration". It's a COMBINATION of many factors, which all can contribute to this issue, which are:

- The parking position in the AFCAD

- The other parking nodes nearby in the AFCAD

- Your actual parking position

- The parking radius, which can be customized in GSX

- The parking positions, which can be customized in GSX

- The vehicles starting positions, which can be customized in GSX

- The aircraft configuration, which can be customized in GSX

cjreed

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 11:50:21 am »
This unusual movement of vehicles, driving up to the wrong side of the aircraft, passing underneath/through it and then spinning around happens with multiple aircraft (i.e, Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 777LRX), so I doubt it's the Aircraft configuration.

I never said "it's the aircraft configuration". It's a COMBINATION of many factors, which all can contribute to this issue, which are:

- The parking position in the AFCAD

- The other parking nodes nearby in the AFCAD

- Your actual parking position

- The parking radius, which can be customized in GSX

- The parking positions, which can be customized in GSX

- The vehicles starting positions, which can be customized in GSX

- The aircraft configuration, which can be customized in GSX

Many thanks for the tips here Umberto.

Could you recommend a location (airport/gate) preferably default scenery, which you know works fine.

I can then review the attributes of the places where I see issues and understand how to correct them. Perhaps one of the scenarios FSDT have used for GSX testing?

I would like to do some analysis of this issue in different scenarios, so some simple test cases would be awesome.

Kind Rgds,
Chris.