Author Topic: Problem with install of FSX KFLL  (Read 6021 times)

Ragnar45

Problem with install of FSX KFLL
« on: June 22, 2009, 04:31:40 am »
Gentlemen,

I reported this afternoon on my inability to install the FSX version of KJFK. Well, the problem seems to be wider than that, perhaps because of my own foolishness--although I'm not sure of that. Before I got your return e-mail that the problem with the installer might be because FSX was still open while I was trying to install it, I tried to install it by "ignoring" the error message I was getting. The installer ran a little further, but then another error message appeared, and I aborted the installation.

Since then I've gone back into FSX and noticed that I've got black squares where the buildings should be in KORD and KFLL, and that XPOI has disappeared from Addons along with any sign of Couatl (though the folder seems intact in FSX) . In addition, even though the Addon Manager shows up there, if I click on FSDreamteam and then XPOI, KORD,or KFLL (all of which worked perfectly before), the options to Buy, Buy with PayPal, Register, or Reinstall them are grayed-out.

If I'm to blame for for all these problems by trying to force through an installation of the FSX version of KJFK by ignoring the error message, I take full responsibility. I would like to know, though, if there is a solution to this large problem.

Thanks for your help.

Rainer
Madison, Alabama

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with install of FSX KFLL
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:50:01 am »
If I'm to blame for for all these problems by trying to force through an installation of the FSX version of KJFK by ignoring the error message, I take full responsibility. I would like to know, though, if there is a solution to this large problem.

Yes, of course. If you ignore that error, the installation would never work.

Since you had an "access denied" error while the installer was copying files, this usually means the file the installer is copying is already open by another process, which in this case can be only FSX.

As I've said, the solution is not to ignore the error, but you need to REBOOT WINDOWS, then run the installer as the first thing you do.

If you still get the error after a reboot, you can try the following:

- Reboot Windows, then manually delete the fsdreamteam\couatl folder. This, assuming your "access denied" errors came only from that folder. Then, run the installer again.

- If you still get the error, perhaps your problem are wrong/corrupted permissions on your FSX folder. In this case, right click on the FSX root folder, select "Properties", select "Security" and check that your user account has read/write access to that folder. If not, add your user name, give it full access, and tell Windows to apply the properties recursively on the whole FSX folder+subfolders. There's a more complete explanation how to do this here:

http://www.uwec.edu/help/WinVA/perm-estab.htm

Ragnar45

Re: Problem with install of FSX KFLL
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:51 pm »
Thanks for the help, Umberto; re-installing after a reboot of Windows solved all the problems. I've always been impressed with the FSDreamteam products and the customer support. A first-class operation.

Rainer Klauss
Madison, Alabama
USA