Author Topic: FSX YVR Scenery issues (again)  (Read 9989 times)

D Treichel

FSX YVR Scenery issues (again)
« on: November 08, 2018, 04:49:59 am »
Hi,
My YVR scenery (FSX) has disappeared and this window has appeared (again) “Trial for FS Dream Team has Ended”. This has happened in the past and I was able to resolve by reentering the key. I purchased the software in June 2017. This time I tried to reinstall again but the Register Serial box was grayed out.

I then downloaded the latest version of GSX Full Installer and, as explained in the manual, activated the menu inside the sim, with the "Register Serial" option. Even though it took my Key there was no change in the YVR scenery output.

I then tried to reactivate the software but the Register Serial box was grayed out again and could not access. With YVR scenery checked ON all I get are the bridges and no buildings. With YVR scenery checked OFF I get the default scenery with the FSDT YVR bridges.

Sorry, I am lost, what is the solution?
Thanks, Darwin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX YVR Scenery issues (again)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:42:57 am »
It's best if you download and install with the current CYVR installer.

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 02:33:41 am »
Just purchased and installed Vancouver CYVR in FSX. What can be the apron scenery flickering?. I can see lot of marks left by the flickering around.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 02:59:33 am by trisho0 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:34:17 am »
That's bleedthrough from another product. What other YVR scenery do you have in your sim?

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 02:52:06 pm »
SimpleAirportScan found CYVR_AP_alt.bgl file in FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder. I removed that file and still the bleedings. The bleedings appears also only from 3rd outside view. From cockpit, 1st and 2nd view is fine. Weird! Any other idea?

The bleedings flickering appears only on the area as per screenshot.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 02:57:34 pm by trisho0 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 05:37:59 pm »
 That CYVR_AP_alt.bgl is part of FSDT CYVR and needs to go back in. Do you have any AI packages? ORBX FTX PNW?

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 06:57:18 pm »
That CYVR_AP_alt.bgl is part of FSDT CYVR and needs to go back in. Do you have any AI packages? ORBX FTX PNW?

No, I don't have AI packages (don't know what is that) and ORBX, FTX or PNW neither. And the bleedings only present on the area showed before.
The bleedings is visible only after we change the view from cockpit to the 3rd view just before going to cockpit view again.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:07:33 pm by trisho0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 01:58:53 pm »
The bleedings is visible only after we change the view from cockpit to the 3rd view just before going to cockpit view again.

Do you have a 3rd party camera utility ?

trisho0

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 04:06:02 pm »

Do you have a 3rd party camera utility ?
No camera utility, only pressing "s" to change views.

trisho0

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 04:14:18 am »
Should I download the installer again and start a reinstall? Maybe a new installer is available?

trisho0

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 06:24:27 am »
I ran FSDT Liveupdate and I saw downloading CYVR files during the update and I was so happy believing the FSX can be fixed the shimmerings, flickerings, or whatever we call on that. Nah! ….. still the same issue in FSX sim. I paused the scenery while watching on the issue. While still paused I did panning around and the flickerings is around just on the same area as per screenshot. All other areas is fine. Hey! …. I am still enjoying the scenery simply it is Art Work amazing!. Hopefully, soon that flicks disappears. Now, crossing fingers for luck. I may have to leave as is (lol) but that's OK for me.

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 08:22:23 pm »
Nobody else experiencing flickerings with Vancouver FSX as I have?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 09:23:35 am »
 Nope, you have to have something else conflicting with the scenery. That is scenery bleedthrough, not flickering. What are your scenery settings?

trisho0

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 05:34:38 am »
OK, if something is conflicting doing bleedings why it only happens in that area and nowhere else. Also, it happens only at the third "S" keyboard pressed (outside view). Here my FSX Settings …

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 08:02:34 am »
 Try Mesh Res at 5m.