Author Topic: Improved AFCAD  (Read 4695 times)

jasonarmstrong

Improved AFCAD
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:47:54 am »
Must say,

the scenery has been made to perfection and congratulate fsdreamteam on this achievement.

I was wondering tho, if anybody here had modifyed the AFCAD in order to have a more realistic/detailed parking?

thanks a lot

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Improved AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 06:37:08 am »
Yeah, I did one the day it came out. Added the helipad start location, and added the parking codes for some of the ailines that were missing. I based the parking codes on Ultimate Traffic 2 flights that fly into KFLL and also on WOAI flights. The gate info for these airlines I got from multiple internet sites, so I did the best that I could to make sure the airline code were assigned to the proper gates.

I did not do anything else to the ADE however, like tinker with the jetways, ground vehicles, or that stuff. I haven't had time.

I did convert the .dds tiles for the photo background into .bmps and used GIMP to color correct them to make the grass a little greener and blend a ltiile better with the default or GEX ground textures, but when I reconverted them back to .dds files I lost the Alpha Channel which I think holds the masks. It loaded it in my sim to test anyway. The colors looked good, but without the masks it didn't work correctly. If I can get it figured out I will offer the files to Umberto, if he wants to make them available as an alternet set of gound tiles.

Anyway, PM me with your email if you want a copy of my ADE and I will email it to you. This goes for anyone else as well.

I think FSDT is going to update the file anyway soon, based on Harpsi's FS9 ADE, but you could use this in the mean time if you wish.

Regards,

Sean