Author Topic: Couatl error **SOLVED**  (Read 12168 times)

mephala

Couatl error **SOLVED**
« on: November 07, 2018, 10:26:09 pm »
I'm new to this forum, so hi everyone.
First of all, excuse my english language mistakes: sure they will appear often in this text... :-[
I bought XPOI, installed and used it with no issues for about a mounth, but it gave an error message yesterday, saying Couatl script engine couldn't start (see attached images).
Stopped my antivirus, added \Program Files\Addon Manager to its exclussion list, but the error still remains.
I decided to uninstall and reinstall the software, but the same error about Couatl appears in the installation process.
My system is a PC with Win-10 Home edition and  FSX-Steam Edition.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:49:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl error.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 11:14:10 am »
That error usually means missing system libraries. The thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing libraries:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

mephala

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:38:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply, virtuali, but the suggested solution didn't work for me.
I uninstalled the VC++ redistributables of 2005, 2013 and 2015 (x86 and x64 versions), downloaded from MS and reinstalled again. Also reinstalled XPOI.
At the XPOI's reinstall process, i got the same message as before (see attached images of my first post).
As i said in my previous post, i deactivate my antivirus (Windows defender & Malwarebytes) while doing the tests.
Notes:
-The Addon Manager still works fine. The problem is only with XPOI.
-This behaviour occurs since the last update (A couple of days ago). Until then, XPOI was working as expected.
More tests to do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 06:15:38 pm »
-The Addon Manager still works fine. The problem is only with XPOI.

Is the only FSDT product you have installed ?

mephala

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 07:14:32 pm »
Yes. I didn't install GSX either.

sondac331

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 03:05:40 am »
Hello, i Just installed GSX and Addon manager on my P3d V4.3

The problem is that all i can see in the addons "SODE" i cant find addon manager and if i tried to open GSX with CTRL+F12 nothing happens i did download it and install and everything was fine but somehow it's not
showing up Please help

i got team viewer if u need to have a peak..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 02:08:34 pm »
The problem is that all i can see in the addons "SODE" i cant find addon manager

The thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing libraries:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

mephala

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 07:54:27 pm »
Virtuali,
I've tested the solutions given in your previous posts, and i'm still getting the same problem.
Is there something more i could test?
Should i wait for a coming update to be available?
Thanks.

Edit: Of course, my computer is open to you, if you need to access it via teamviewer...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:57:02 pm by mephala »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 09:44:15 pm »
I had a very long session with Teamviewer with another user that had exactly the same error code as you and, the issue was he had a very old version of SODE, 1.4.2, one that we never used in GSX (it probably came with some non-FSDT scenery), and this installation was corrupted, so it wasn't possible to update it with the version used by GSX ( 1.6.3 ).

In addition to that, no registry keys for SODE existed, so it was clearly an abnormal situation, and it caused Coautl to crash when checking a non-existent key. We fixed this in today's update, so Couatl won't crash anymore but, you still must fix the problem with SODE, otherwise GSX still won't work with jetways.

The solution was to follow the troubleshooting on SODE website:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?topic=faq

See the 3 Options listed in the "Installer Error" paragraph. In our case, the only one that worked was Option 3: using the "Microsoft Installation Fixer Tool", which allowed me to Unisntall SODE 1.4.2, so the latest 1.6.3 could be installed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:03:38 am by virtuali »

mephala

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 10:28:33 pm »
I didn't know about SODE, but maybe it's only related with GSX, and i don't have GSX installed.
...but tryed to update my Xpoi version and it succeed!
It's working again, as expected.
So, if you can confirm last version of SODE isn't necessery to run Xpoi correctly, i'll consider this issue as solved.
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 10:51:38 pm »
I didn't know about SODE, but maybe it's only related with GSX, and i don't have GSX installed.

Yes, but Couatl still checks if the SODE registry keys exists and, before the today's update, it crashed if it didn't so yes, in case you had XPOI, which is basically the only FSDT product that doesn't require GSX or SODE, this was in fact a problem, since you might never had SODE installed before.

We fixed it today, that's why using the Live Update solved the problem: now a missing SODE key in the registry won't cause a crash anymore.