Author Topic: Some Terminals Windows Grey Again  (Read 8388 times)

NMahinK

Some Terminals Windows Grey Again
« on: November 07, 2018, 12:58:03 pm »
I had to reinstall KLAX (I accidentally messed up a SODE customizations), I uninstalled the scenery and reinstalled it, I ran the live update, the TBIT windows are working fine, but the rest of the other terminal windows are grey during the day time, night time all the windows are perfect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some Terminals Windows Grey Again
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 04:16:15 pm »
Doesn't happen here, as you can see from the attached screenshot. Have you installed some visual tweaker (PTA, Tomato shader) that might have messed up your shaders ?

Have you restarted the sim another time after the update ?

NMahinK

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 08:59:54 pm »
Doesn't happen here, as you can see from the attached screenshot. Have you installed some visual tweaker (PTA, Tomato shader) that might have messed up your shaders ?

Have you restarted the sim another time after the update ?

I did have Tomato shader but then I uninstalled it, I also restored my shaders before tomato shade, after the tomato shade uninstall the windows still looked fine. I did restart the sim after the update, is there a fix for my shaders?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 09:40:17 pm »
is there a fix for my shaders?

You might try to remove this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\shaders

Then wait a couple of minutes (there will be a black screen) for shaders to be recreated. HOWEVER, this will work only if the files in the Prepar3D4\ShadersHLSL folder are original. If they have been modified by some addon, and haven't been restored, this fix won't work, so the only solution would be reinstalling the sim.

I don't know how these tweaker work, if they do a backup of the original ShadersHLSL folder, if they have a way to restore it. But, in principle, the sim will use the *compiled* shaders in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\shaders folder, which are generated on the fly starting from their *source* files in Prepar3D4\ShadersHLSL folder

NMahinK

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 06:55:51 am »
I'll do a reinstall of P3D, I'll report back

NMahinK

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 08:49:45 am »
I did a full reinstall of P3D 4.3, I'm still getting the same thing, grey windows on all terminals except TBIT.

Edit: I'll do a full on clean uninstall and restart fresh and will report findings.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:23:01 am by NMahinK »

NMahinK

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 12:06:43 am »
I did a fresh clean install of P3D, I started P3D normal default. Then I installed only GSX and KLAX, when I started P3D, I'm still having the same exact issue as before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 06:03:09 pm »
I'm sorry, but as you can see from the screenshot I attached, I cannot replicate the problem.

You said you reinstall P3D but, if you just uninstalled/reinstalled it, all your exiting preference would stay the same so, if the problem was caused by some kind of setting/tweak, it won't be solved by reinstalling. You would have to remove all the various preference folders of the sim:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4

Then reinstall. That's the only true clean reinstall.

Of course, I assume you have updated KLAX to the current version, which can be done by running the FSDT Live Update when KLAX is installed.

NMahinK

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 06:20:53 am »
I'm sorry, but as you can see from the screenshot I attached, I cannot replicate the problem.

You said you reinstall P3D but, if you just uninstalled/reinstalled it, all your exiting preference would stay the same so, if the problem was caused by some kind of setting/tweak, it won't be solved by reinstalling. You would have to remove all the various preference folders of the sim:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4

Then reinstall. That's the only true clean reinstall.

Of course, I assume you have updated KLAX to the current version, which can be done by running the FSDT Live Update when KLAX is installed.

I did the above, I'm still having the issue, the strange this is that the night textures are perfectly fine, it only happens during the day time.

NMahinK

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 07:10:14 am »
I also tried doing a complete PC restore. I installed P3D 4.3 and FSDT GSX and KLAX (On a fresh new PC restoration), and the problem still exists, the windows are still bright and grey.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 01:15:07 pm »
I also tried doing a complete PC restore. I installed P3D 4.3 and FSDT GSX and KLAX (On a fresh new PC restoration), and the problem still exists, the windows are still bright and grey.

I can only repeat and confirm I cannot replicate the problem, as you see in the attached screenshot. And nobody else has reported it. We *DID* had this problem for a while, but it was fixed with an update a while ago.

In fact, I can see you posted it was fixed for you here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19113.msg132889.html#msg132889

We haven't changed anything at KLAX since that update.

NMahinK

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 11:05:25 pm »
I'll keep checking on my end, I'll report back my findings, in the mean time I'll check in FSX steam (I'll have to reinstall steam)

aimhawkx

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 12:13:44 pm »
 having the same issue. I thought it was maybe just the sun reflections but they are transparent.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 02:08:32 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm I cannot replicate the problem, as you see in the attached screenshot.We had this problem for a while, but it was fixed with an update a while ago.

We haven't changed anything at KLAX since that update.

In any case, we are due for another KLAX update shortly, perhaps it will fix the problem, which might be related to downloaded files or outdated files on your local update server (we use the Cloudflare network of 120+ servers around the world, which are supposed to synchronize themselves automatically), so maybe the next update will force a refresh of a local server that might be stuck on the old version.

NMahinK

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 07:13:40 am »
I ran the new update via live update, and the same issue persists, also the "yellow lines" next to taxiways have become grey as well.